Flashing ROM's

Last Updated: 2010-09-05 18:59:34
  1. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Ok so before I do thsi I want to just clarify before I mess my phone up. Im getting semi-savy at this, so this should be a 1 word answer i hope

Im running
    Skyraider 3.0RC2 Vanilla
    2.15 Radio
    2.6.32.15-5ge1ad8b htc kernel

And I want to go stock 2.2. Im not gonna unroot ect to get OTA, because there is no point. Ill just download the leaked version.

So all Im thinking I SHOULD have to do, is download the .zip file from whever it is(if you can link me that would be great) and just use ROM manager to flash the new ROM.

Yes or no would suffice, and if anyone has a link to the leaked 2.2 =)

thanks

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

3. Berry2Droid

Thanks man. I found the link to that and am dling now.

My only issue is that Ive formatted a sd card in Fat32 and it still wont find pb35img.zip , saying its not there. I saw a few more people had this problem as well with HBOOT. Any suggestions? No its not .zip.zip either.

I have this problem with the .zip thats supposed to bring you to stock 2.1, but now that I found 2.2 im going to just do that instead of getting ota stock update. Its easier than unrooting ect. So i assume im going to have the same problem with my 2.2 leak pb35img.zip file
  4. iowabowtech

Forgot to mention that if you choose Virtuous its now available through direct download in Rom manager premium.
  5. iowabowtech

I'm guessing you won't have that problem with the Rom. I'd delete the IMG file from the card if you're not going to use it. And FWIW, I think you're making a wise decision. No need to go backward to move forward.
  6. Berry2Droid

Just checked that out, so im doing that instead. I love rom manager, well worth the money
    Yea as i stated, im semi to quazi-savy now lol..I was a wiz with the moto droid haha
  7. Berry2Droid

So now im running into a problem. I downloaded Virtuous from ROM manager, and after the DL it automatically boots into flashwork to install it, and its comming up with the ! mark and saying invalid argument when trying to install the rom automatically. Any ideas?
  8. Berry2Droid

Nevermind, i got it. In the clockwork menu I had to turn off signature verification.
  9. Berry2Droid

So everytime I try to boot into recovery, i get the !..whats goin on? lol
  10. iowabowtech

That's odd. Sounds like the stock recovery? I thought you still had Clockwork?
  11. Berry2Droid

I do. When i hit the power button, it opens clockwork, but nothing will install by itself anymore. I have to chose, install .zip from sd card, then go thorugh my folders to find it...
  12. iowabowtech

Maybe I'm missing another avenue but that's how I always do Roms in Clockwork. Am I just old skool? :D
  13. Berry2Droid

Through ROM manager, it automatically downloads the rom, then when you click install, its supposed to automatically boot into clockwork, and install the rom for you, but its not because of this new ! thing. It never did that before.

Also the phone is not recognizing PB35IMG.zip files on the sd card in HBoot either. Telling me it cannot be found, and yes the zip is not .zip.zip and yes my card is fat32 formatted.
  14. iowabowtech

Ahhh ok. Yeah I haven't loaded one using Rom manager in a long time. I see what you're saying tho. Not sure what to make of that honestly.