• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashing SBF on a mac

mistahnuff

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
Bit of a noob to the custom roms and stuff but I had apex installed and running fine and was going to try out gummyjar 2.5 and in the process of just putting the zip file onto my phone seem to have bricked it. It won't boot past the Moto screen. I've tried pulling the battery several times and also have attempted to put the phone into recovery manually trying every option in that mode. Nothing seems to be working.

I've done some searching and seen a lot of threads about SBF but really don't know what it is and can't seem to find much in the vein of flashing the bootloader with a mac.

can someone help me out?

Can you get into recovery and install from the SD Card? Is it just that nothing will install? The reason I ask is because you can now SBF without a computer. You can put the full SBF file directly on your SD Card and install from there.

You can download the file from http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/254605-update-2-3-340-easily.html

If you download the file to your computer you can take your SD Card out and (with an adaptor) install the file directly to the card. Put it back into you phone and boot into recovery and install the SBF.

Maybe someone else has a better way but that's my idea.

Good Luck

Mods this needs to move to all things rooted please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones