flashing

Last Updated:

1. nellisere

nellisere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

right, well, i am getting my hero tommorow, but its locked on orange, so, instead of doing the goldcard method, can i just use flashrepc and flash a custom recovery image, then open the generic firmware on my comp, extract the rom.zip, rename it update.zip and do a nandroid, wipe then flash? i only want generic from htc(stock version) not a custom firmware.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

If you're going to all that trouble, and your warranty is already broken, I'd suggest you use Modaco 3.2. It is essentially the stock rom but faster/uses less battery power.

I think your idea would work in theory too, I've heard of people taking the rom.zip from windows temporary files and flashing it before (No need to rename it to update.zip when using the latest recovery image though). I think your phone would still be locked to orange though if that's what you're thinking.

3. nellisere

nellisere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know it wouldnt unlock it, but i was going to change firmware because of the orange bug and because im going on 3 so i dont want an orange firmware, but i have an unlock code