• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Public Mobile] Flashlight app worked for a while?

Nelson37

Sep 29, 2012
is there a flash light app that works on warp?
i was running tiny flashlight + led and was working fine.
i loaded another rom , restored my apps by titanium and flashlight didnt work anymore. any one know why?
i uninstalled the app and reinstalled , everything on the app works except led light. strange

you are not using the public mobile boot image... our phone is newer than theirs and the ramdisk in the public mobile rom is newer... as a result of using a boost boot image on your phone, you will lose your flashlight ability and also your battery will die much faster since something else was changed in the ramdisk wich makes it so that scaling on our processor is not working and the processor works at max non stop. the kernel is the same tho... i made a oc boot image with dtm's oc kernel and our ramdisk and it's a beautiful thing... 1.7 ghz(thanks dtm:)) and since I'm using our ramdisk the flashlight and scaling is still flawless. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones