• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FlashLight: Keeping it Stupidly Simple, Brilliantly

Troglodad

Jan 22, 2009
I used to carry my Palm Pilot around as a flashlight- the screen was perfect for navigating the house in the middle of the night for a bathroom break or a trip to the fridge. So when I switched to an Android G1, I was a little worried about having the same capabilities.

No worries.

Flash-the-Brain has produced the simplest, most effective flashlight out there. You can pick your color, you can change the size of the screen image- from small dot to large circle, to full screen- thereby changing the brightness.

Oh sure, you could get more complicated programs, add in functions like flashing, or talking or something. But what does the average flashlight do? It turns on, and it turns off.

I keep my flashlight on my main home page- the little flashlight widget so simple even my kids can figure it out. Tap to turn on, home or back to turn off.

And the best part? It's only 56kb in size.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones