• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashlight Problem After Upgrading To GingerBread - Help Please

Xunny

Nov 14, 2011
Hello Friends,

I have HTC Desire and a few days back I updgraded the software from Froyo 2.2 to GB 2.3.3. After the upgradation the Flashlight neither works as a widget not it is working in camera app.

Later on, I successfully rooted my device and installed and tried 4-5 different ROM's but the flashlight problem is persistent. I am getting really frustrated please help me friends.

Thanks in advance.

I tried these:
-- LeeDrOiD_HD_V3.3.3_GB-Port-R5-A2SD
-- Reflex_S_2.1.7_LITE_GingerBread_Sense-2.1_GRI40_A2SD+
-- DesireGRedition
-- [ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for Desire
-- Desire Gingerbread 3.14..405.1 | A2SD Base official HTC RUU |Android 2.3.3
-- GingerWally_v1.5 (Current One)

When I upgraded from Froyo to GB , I did so with RUU from Htc Developer site.

Upvote 0
This is the exact error message which I got while Flashing 2.2 based custom Rom:

" Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edif scripting (update script & binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted."

And, I tried further 2.3 GB based custom ROM and they flashed successfully without such error (as above) but FlashLight problem still persisting.

Please, guide !!

Upvote 0
This is the exact error message which I got while Flashing 2.2 based custom Rom:

And, I tried further 2.3 GB based custom ROM and they flashed successfully without such error (as above) but FlashLight problem still persisting.

Please, guide !!
you are using a new version of cwm that doesnt support older roms because its stupid. thats why you have that problem
on all of our guides we have recommended that if you are on a erase size of 20000 you should use 2.5.0.7 and if you have 40000 you should use amonRA 2.0.1 which are both available from our root tools thread.

do not use the newer versions of CWM for desire

EDIT: you are not stupid, the recoveries are. no legacy support

Reactions: Xunny
Upvote 0
You can always use Amon RA 2.01.

If your erase size is 20,000 you can use ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7. Instructions for checking this can be found in the rooting FAQ, specifically this section (though I'd recommend reading the whole thing if you haven't already :)).

Do note that nandroid backups made with one recovery (CMW or AmonRA) cannot be restored using the other one.

Reactions: Xunny
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones