1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Flickering Screen?Support

1. michealbond

michealbond Member

I just purchased my Optimus V yesterday, and I noticed that the screen flickers slightly for about a minute or two every so often. I haven't dropped the phone, nothing out of the ordinary usage.

I was wondering if anyone has an issue. sometimes it fixes it self after messing with the brightness, but i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Or should i just try to return this one? there weren't but two in the store when i bought mine.

PS - this is my first post, and I love the phone so far.

Advertisement
  2. guzziknight

guzziknight Active Member

Is it flickering, like turning itself on and off, or is it flickering like shaking?

I had an issue the other day where whenever I touched the screen, it began to shake, and wouldn't let me start an app, move an app, or anything. The phone was plugged in at the time. Once I unplugged, it stopped doing it, and hasn't done it since.
  3. michealbond

michealbond Member

It's flickering like the screen is shaking, I notice it happens for a lil bit after i've plugged it into my old charger that my blackberry used. did not notice it when i plugged it into the charger that came with the phone
  4. guzziknight

Sounds like the same issue I had. Must be a charger problem, since I was using a third party charger as well.
  5. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

Yeah...if the phone works okay with the OEM charger, than the phone isn't the issue...it's the charger. It may not have sufficient amps...or have a short.
  6. michealbond

michealbond Member

Ok, was it something that fixed itself or did you return yours and get a new one?

I don't like the flickering, to me it makes the phone seem "cheap" and poorly made. Everything else has been wonderful on the phone, but this is beginning to be a problem that is bothering more & more each time it happens.
  7. guzziknight

I just stopped using that charger, and went back to the one that came with the phone. No issues since doing that.
  8. michealbond

michealbond Member

Well it's still doing it, and i've only been using the stock charger that came with the phone. i even did a factory reset, and i'm still experiencing the flickering. i'm going to take this phone back and get another one.