Flickr: Where's the love?

Last Updated:

1. abmoit

abmoit Member

iPhone has an official Flickr app. Recently Windows Phone 7 just got an official app as well, and it looks pretty nice. So, Flickr, where's the love for Android phones? Anyone else kinda ticked off that we're being left in the dark?

Advertisement
  2. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

Only Yahoo can answer that.

I get a feeling sooner or later, there will be an official Flickr app. Yahoo has been putting out one Android app after another, I think its just a matter of time.

There are -15- official Yahoo apps on the Android Market and counting. Yeah, mind boggling.

Then again, maybe we should ask why there is no official Picasa app either, and Google owns that one.

There is Flickr support that comes out of the box on Android phones with HTC Sense. I suspect that's the clue---Yahoo wants to license the Flickr support directly to individual Android OEMs.
    abmoit likes this.
  3. abmoit

abmoit Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed then! I haven't been able to try the new Flickr app as I don't have either the phone or the OS (running Vista), but it looks purdy. I just hope that when we do get an app, it will have Group support.