FlightRadar24 Free

1. AdamsNan

AdamsNan New Member

I have purchased a Rapid5 8" Tablet for my grandson and I tried to download the FlightRadar24 Free App but it says it is not compatible with the tablet. The tablet is running JellyBean. Apparently the app worked fine on the model of this tablet produced a couple of months before mine. It appears that they improved the camera on my model. Has anyone any idea why it now wouldnt be compatible with the tablet and if there is a solution. I am new to the Android market so I'm struggling to find my way around. Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It could be that the app hasn't been updated to be compatible with jellybean yet.

The only way to know 100% would be to contact the application developers
  3. AdamsNan

AdamsNan New Member

I contacted them via Twitter and they suggested I look on flightradar forum which didn't help me unfortunately. Thank you for your reply
  4. AdamsNan

AdamsNan New Member

I have found this on FlightRadar forum so have contacted manufacturer again

Why is the Flightradar24 not working on my tablet?

Flightradar24 is built based on Google Maps API. Google apps for Android, such as YouTube, Google Maps and Navigation, Gmail, and so on are Google properties that are not part of Android, and are licensed separately. That means that a tablet that is not Google certified, will not have all necessary files that are needed by Flightradar24 to work (Google Maps API). Even if you hack the tablet and install Google Play and Google Maps, there are still files missing in the system and Flightradar24 will not work. If you want to be sure that you can run Flightradar24 on your tablet, make sure to buy a Google certified unit from one of the major brands on the market.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yep, that could also very well be it.
    AdamsNan likes this.
  6. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

OP, is there anything that prevents you from trying a similar app? I'm fairly sure you could easily find another flight tracking app.
  7. AdamsNan

AdamsNan New Member

The thing is I wanted this one as it is the same as his Daddy and I have on our iPads.
  8. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member