• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flip Clock

freedom1911

Feb 2, 2011
Does anyone know where I can get a flip clock like this.
htc-incredible-s.jpg

I don't particularly want it as a widget, Just a clock app that is large like this. And looks much like this. Not interested in the weather function, just want the clock.
I installed a widget earlier that was close but it started killing my battery very quickly.
So I was wondering if anyone knows an app or setting in Android 2.2 on a LG Optimus V that will put a clock like this on my desktop but not kill the battery.
Also, does anyone know if there are better batteries available for the Optimus S or V
Charge mine all night and with regular use I barely make it through the day.
I need a battery that lasts longer or a charger that will charge my battery to a higher capacity.
Any thoughts on these.
Thanks.

Reactions: JOMAK
Thanks.
Any thoughts on a better battery?

Hey man I have an Optimus V as well, best way to save battery is by following these tips:

Download quick settings from market (free) open the app, turn off mobile data, wifi, gps, and especially auto-sync when you aren't using them. All of these kill your battery. If you need more options press menu then customize and drag the options to the top of the list

Make sure your screen brightness is set as low as you can stand, that will really help.

Download advanced app manager from the market (free) and make a habit of killing apps before you put away your phone (i believe there is a setting that auto-kills apps everytime you press the sleep button) make sure to disclude any widgets or important apps that you use frequently though.

Finally, for the clock you seek? I suggest Fancy Widget Pro. It is the best IMHO and even has weather animations that play everytime you wake up your phone, eg, if it is raining, raindrops will splash on your screen and will be wiped off your screen by windshield wipers. It costs money, but there is a lite version. Make sure you set the weather to update every 24 hours, that way it won't kill your battery. Have a nice night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones