• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flip for Speaker not working

I definitely have it activated in my sound options, but for some reason it just is not working. It worked a couple days ago, but today it is not. Would there be any reason for this?

Everything else on the phone seems to be fine.

Here try this. Go to your bed or around a soft surface, place a call like normal and then flip the phone and drop it face down from about 6inches. That sudden stop seemed to engage my speake rphone although i was unable to replicate that sudden stop in my hand.

Upvote 0
I seem to have it working now. It appears to be particular about the surface you place it on. For some reason, if I place it on a glass table, it won't work. On a mattress it will work though. Maybe something about the glass confuses it? I know that sounds weird.

Thanks for the help everyone. Let me know if you have any trouble when placing it on certain surfaces.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones