Flipside Owner, needing to root / update to froyo possible?

Last Updated:

1. smike69

smike69 New Member

Flipside Owner (with ecclair 2.1 )update1, update to froyo possible?

My main issue so far
    is being stuck with the PICO voice in either Google Nav or Co-pilot. (which is horrendus, and not even sure why it is still an option , when they had to same text to speech engines back in the 80's lol). Co-Pilot does have the option to use two other voices which sound normal, but they are not true text to speech with the navigation portions. ie you get turn left instead of turn left onto Main street.. Which does not sound like a deal breaker but kind of is if you are driving in a city or even suburb with diff streets to turn on that are close together)

I have tried the extended txt to speech
    install, and paid for the loquendo sara voice from the market..but I guess with 2.1 eclair we are stuck
    with the pico voice if the app has not been written to make use of the extended text to speech service.

So after DAYS of reading I've decided to join up on some of the forums..this being the first real community one from the looks of it..(I signed up on Motorolas simply asking when an official froyo update was possible..of course with no response)

2. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

For removing apps you can use Titanium backup after rooting.
  3. Psychv4

Psychv4 Member