• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flixter drained my battery.

kbohip

Jul 14, 2010
One of my favorite apps to use is Flixster. Yesterday I was on it for a few minutes watching a couple of trailers. Today I unplugged my phone from the charger and headed out. Within 3 hours the battery on my Samsung Vibrant was already down to 69%. Keep in mind I hadn't used the phone at all during that time other than a couple of e-mail checks. Normally it would be at around 90-95% at that time and use.

I checked the battery use and it showed Flixster was using 79% of the battery. I'm still fairly new to Android but I've not had an issue with an app doing this before, including this app. Is this sort of thing very common with Android and I have just been very lucky and not run into this problem before?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones