Flooded my phone with sunscreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. biscuitman

biscuitman New Member

I had my phone with a can of spray sunscreen and it appears that the can emptied itself at least a little bit into my Galaxy S2 (AT&T) and now the screen is not working. The internals seem to be working fine and I get sounds from notifications and everything. I bought this from the AT&T store with a warranty, will this apply to the warranty? Also, I can connect it to Kies and it recognizes my device and everything, but I cannot get pass the locked screen because my touchscreen isn't working. Is there any way that I can get past the locked screen on my computer, or does it have to be done on the device itself? I would like to backup all my files.

Advertisement
  2. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

In my experience, you don't need to touch the screen when connected to Kies. You should be able to simply go to the backup/sync tab and make a backup of your phone's contents. I don't remember what the exact options are to select but the options are pretty simple from what I remember.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I doubt this would be covered under warranty repairs, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If they want to charge you for the repair, make sure you get an estimate first because you can replace the screen yourself for ~$130.00

Parts here, and instructions ...