"Floppy" KeyboardSupport

Last Updated:

1. maxinspace

maxinspace Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everybody,
    I picked up a Samsung Moment today at Bestbuy, and everything is great except for the slide-out keyboard. The best adjective to descripe it is floppy. When the phone is in both the closed state and open state, the top screen part moves up and down and bounces if i'm moving while using the device. It's very annoying, and i'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced this, and if i should bring it back to best buy and ask them to exchange it.
    Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. wmscott2k

wmscott2k Member

Pretty much common sense take it back!! it may be defective . me personally i have not had any issues with the device itself I do have some software issues good luck

3. maxinspace

Alright, will try to exchange it for a sturdy one tomorrow. Thanks!

4. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

Yeah might be good to get another one.

While mine is not completely "tight" (when closed), it kind of feels like it's floating, it does not move around under normal use and it is significantly tighter when the keyboard is out.

5. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

mine moves around a bit, it is not as "stiff" as the droids keyboard

6. maxinspace

yeah, coming from an LG Rumor 2 i understand that its normal for them to move around a little, but i don't think its ok for it to rattle when the phone is vibrating. i'll be going this afternoon to exchange it and if the new one is just as bad i'll probably be trying an htc hero.

7. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

Mine isn't quite as firm as the droid, but it is still pretty firm. Id have to think that ur phone is defective.

8. maxinspace

just got home from best buy.
    guy said they aren't supposed to exchange phones for wobbly keyboards, but he did anyway. new one is incredibly sturdy, no wobble at all. os seems a little buggy on this one, though. i've noticed a few minor problems. all is well though, a very wobbly keyboard would bother me a heck of a lot more than a few very minor os issues that will be gone as soon as 2.1 is out. oh, and sprint changed their price for the phone to 99, so best buy matched that price and refunded the extra money.

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Good to hear. "They dont exchange for wobbly keyboards? " What kind of load of crap is THAT?!? At least you got it exchanged.

10. maxinspace

I know, it really is ridiculous. After having the moment for 3 days now, I have used the slide out keyboard MAYBE 3-4 times to test games on Gameboid. I'm in love with the portrait (vertical) on-screen keyboard. I think I'm going to try out the Hero. The Moment may have better internal hardware, but the phone is made of plastic and I'm just not sure the added bulk is worth it for me. The HTC phone probably has superior build quality to the Samsung, because i've noticed the trackpad on my current moment is wiggly (I know, I know, every little thing bothers me!) Also, the Hero has a ton of extended battery options available where the moment has zero.

11. Cirga

Cirga Well-Known Member

Check your firmware version on your phone. Make sure it shows Cupcake.CL14 as the build number. Go to Settings and about phone. My buddy just bought a new moment last night and they gave him one with the old build.