• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FLORIDA] 4g metro speeds ;)

The 3035 PRL seems to have negatively hit my speeds here in Slocala.

I can still get 6's very early AM or very late evening/early morning but any traffic seems to bring them down to 2-4.

It's not so bad that I'm diving to message the Mothership about it but I probably will in a couple days.

I don't know how to get an old PRL back, not confident of me not screwing it up if I did and wonder that with the combining, I probably need the new PRL for reasons other than just my local speeds.

Still a noticeable hit Vs any improvement for me. :(

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
ttgwMpt.png

done this morning in Daytona beach in the Halifax hospital parking garage.

just did another test but this time in my home in Palm Coast, fl. I have never had more than 1.2mbps down and like .3 up I just got 4.17 mbps down and .5 mbps up

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here's a pisser for you.

So my signal is erratic here. Really poor at times. (Actually, the signal isn't "bad", traffic just Hammers it.) 3 miles away, 12-18 Mps.

I visit somewhere about 8 miles away from here once every couple weeks for the past 2 years or so. I have been there with both the CDMA Spirit and my current N4. On CDMA it was usually 1x. The N4 "E"(?) Not even 3 G.

Just for giggles when I'm there I usually try a Speed Test just for grins. 2 hours ago when I was there and did one, WHAM! BOOM! BAM! 3 tests, nice and steady, low ping speeds that are MUCH better than what I had when I got home.
:(

Thanks bunches Metro for the damn salt in the wound. (This other place is the relative "sticks" to where I am.)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones