"flv" and "avi" formats on xperia x10?Support

Last Updated:

1. ghorban

ghorban New Member

Hi
    Are there any applications for android and especially for xperia x10 that play "avi" and "flv" formats?
    Did anybody test on xperia x10 and answered ?
    please help.

Thanks a lot

Advertisement
  2. junexyz

junexyz New Member

not yet on the x10 but if you want to have flv or avi video that can read by your android phone wait for SAMSUNG galaxy s i9000.....

if you want google doubletwist.com/download your avi and flv video will turn into mp4 file witch is your android only can play mp4 or 3gp ha!!! tips for you....
  3. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I have been using a program called yxflash and it is amazing I don't have to convert movies or anything anymore, It plays every movie I put on it so far, divx, avi, mpeg and even a xvid movies... the only thing is half my movies are 700MB to 1.5GB but I have the 16GB Micro SD card so there is lot's of room, you can get this app from the market but its only a trial, it costs more for the full version, I have the full version of it.
  4. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Yeah, yxFlash is great in that it recognizes a host of formats that Mediascape (or most other Android video players for that matter) don't play. However, it did seem to choke and stutter on a 1.36 GB version of 'Star Trek' I have, so be aware that if the video resolution is too high it may not have the horsepower.

With that said, another great option is to use a program like Handbrake to re-compress the file to H.264. I've tried this on a few episodes of shows I have as Blu-ray rips, and it works beautifully. Just use the "iPhone" preset, and adjust the video width to 854 px.
  5. mailber350

mailber350 New Member

Xperia X10 can not support AVI and FLV video formats. But it is told that SAMSUNG galaxy s i9000 supports these video files. I am looking forward this nice device.

The video formats that Xperia X10 supports are MPEG 4 and H.264. If you would like to put various video files onto this phone, you have to transcode them to Xperia X10 playable video formats. My phone is iPhone 4 and I always use Aunsoft Video Converter to convert video files to MPEG 4 and H.264 for my phone.

And I think it will help you out.

Good luck.
  6. Loch

Loch Well-Known Member

Actually the X10 handles AVI files just fine.

Just need to use Rockplayer, or yxflash or one of the other AVI players around.

I play AVI movies all the time on my X10.
  7. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

I use realplayer on my pc to convert files to iphone setting then put them on my SD card and use realplayer app and have had no problems. tried rockplayer but it seemed juddery at the start of each song and video
    ric
  8. niles

niles Active Member

Rockplayer is quite good, supports avi and flv
  9. SB80

SB80 Member

I use arcmedia and works perfectly with those video files. You can get it free from the market