• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flytouch 3 - 32gb

deeboi

Jun 30, 2011
Just purchased and now waiting on an ibex Flytouch 3 - 32gb.

Found most of the answers to questions I had through various forums except one.

Will any of Tim's Roms work on the 32gb version of the Flytouch 3?

I see his Rom 4e has support for 16gb versions but I can't find anything about the 32gb version.

If not, is there any other Roms that can be flashed onto the 32gb version?

Thanks in advance.

first don't worry about that's

the flaytouch like computer has boot .. if for any reason the update failed you can just put the original firmware and install .. very easy

before you update the device check the orginial firmware version and date of realse etc.. look in the forum you will find it very easy . i think it's will be 28/3 relase .. any way download it for backup .. then put the 4e in TF card and update the device ... boom .. now you have 4e

Upvote 0
Cheers m8, thought as much, I just wondered why the changelog for 4e mentioned 16gb support but not 32gb, thought there was a reason for it.

I'll remember to take note of original F/W and Date of Release, thanks for the tip.

Got my tracking number so just a waiting game now.

Upvote 0
first don't worry about that's

the flaytouch like computer has boot .. if for any reason the update failed you can just put the original firmware and install .. very easy

before you update the device check the orginial firmware version and date of realse etc.. look in the forum you will find it very easy . i think it's will be 28/3 relase .. any way download it for backup .. then put the 4e in TF card and update the device ... boom .. now you have 4e

Hi

My ibex 32 GB Flytouch (8000 mah battery version) arrived today. Just 8 days delivery to the UK... Brilliant.

I'm still playing around with it straight out of the box and will try and update to Tim 4e ROM tomorrow (I assume this is my best option) Most important thing ... Angry Birds Rio works great!...

I'm not sure where to find my firmware version. All I can find is:
Model = Disco10
Android Version = 2.2-20110503
Kernel = 2.6.32.9
Build = FRF85B

Despite having been on these forums almost every day for a couple of weeks, I am still a bit apprehensive of this procedure. What is the worst that can happen.... a brick perhaps?

Thanks to everyone who has answered one of my questions over the last few weeks without even knowing it.

.....Now then, I'm sure I saw a solution to the flytouch thinking I am in China somewhere on the forum!!!

Regards

Daven.

Upvote 0
Hi Daven,

Don't worry, it's quick and painless, I put off flashing mine for about three and a half weeks but when I finally did it I wondered why I'd put it off for so long!

I updated to s0I's firmware because I on;y wanted 3G support not the rest of the stuff Tim has added since.

The 3G support is superb - virtually instant connection, solid as a rock and virtually never drops and I am in the middle of nowhere with a marginal signal at best. 3G on my SuperPad II Android 2.1 is a very hit and miss affair!

Reactions: daven
Upvote 0
Hi Daven,

Don't worry, it's quick and painless, I put off flashing mine for about three and a half weeks but when I finally did it I wondered why I'd put it off for so long!

I updated to s0I's firmware because I on;y wanted 3G support not the rest of the stuff Tim has added since.

The 3G support is superb - virtually instant connection, solid as a rock and virtually never drops and I am in the middle of nowhere with a marginal signal at best. 3G on my SuperPad II Android 2.1 is a very hit and miss affair!

Thanks tbod,
Just a couple of questions if you have moment.
1) If I flash to Tim4e do I get the 3G support you mentioned?
and
2) Sorry if this sounds a bit dumb but after flashing is complete, do I delete the files from the Micro SD card.
3) if it all goes T*Ts up, can I do a reset to get back to factory settings?

Thanks

Daven

Upvote 0
Thanks tbod,
and
2) Sorry if this sounds a bit dumb but after flashing is complete, do I delete the files from the Micro SD card.

Thanks

Daven

sorry for late but i am really busy with my final exam ..

sorry mate i didn't understand what do you mean in first post .. am not very good in English :D

yes the 4e is totally support 3g .. for just the devices is mentioned in the 4e thread ...

do I delete the files from the Micro SD card.

no need to delete the files from the TF since the device can detect the firmware but be sure it's the root of the TF for example L:/

but you will lose the app you download it unless if you make backup of these app

if it all goes T*Ts up, can I do a reset to get back to factory settings?

the factory reset will not change any thing since you flashed it with 4e so it's will not restore to official firmware

the seloution as i mentioned before .. try to find the firmware you use now .. or download the official firmware but you have to make sure about the resolution of the screen since there is several version of fl3

one more thing the VPN in 4e not working .. i tried every type of it but it's not working

Upvote 0
Thanks tbod,
and

Thanks

Daven

Hi again,

1. Yes, Tim chose to include s0I's 3G support into his subsequent releases so everything 3G should be Ok!
  2. It's up to you, if you've got quite a few cards you could keep it as an emergency recovery SD but remember, if you leave it in the TF slot when you power up it will reflash your tablet!
  3. If you have the original firmware, yes, you should be able to recover. I believe the original firmware is available on this and other sites.
Hope this helps...

Regards
tbod

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys.

Flashed the 32gb ibex to Tims 4e tonight and all went well (had a couple of lockups after though; one during a screen calibration and one other which I can't rememember what did it)
Otherwise everything seems sooo much improved. I have installled a 32gb SD card so I have 64gb total.

I'm sure to have a few more questions about all the additional features.

Cheers

Daven

Upvote 0
Hi daven, I too am in the UK, did you pay the extra for better postal service? 8 days was pretty fast.

Glad you got Tims 4e working on the 32gb, that's my mind at ease now that someone's confirmed it.

When I get mine, I think I'll use it as it is, out of the box for a week then when I flash Tims 4e I should notice the differences in performance.

Upvote 0
Hi daven, I too am in the UK, did you pay the extra for better postal service? 8 days was pretty fast.

Glad you got Tims 4e working on the 32gb, that's my mind at ease now that someone's confirmed it.

When I get mine, I think I'll use it as it is, out of the box for a week then when I flash Tims 4e I should notice the differences in performance.

Hi Deeboi

No, I just used the standard free delivery. I ordered at 11:06 pm on 21 June and it was delivered by air mail 11:00 am on 1 July. I expected it to take at least another 5 days!, these guys have really got their act together.

I bought via a ebay drop ship rather than direct. You pay a little more but get the ebay/paypal security.

I have just posted a question about the Camera which has stopped working on the 32gb version since flashing to Tims 4e. It may be a coincidence, but it was working before flashing. Hope some of the experts can suggest a fix.

Cheers

Daven

Upvote 0
I myself have purchased a flytouch 3, 32gb ...
The company I purchased it from suggested that I upgrade to Tims latest ROM .. Version 6a I think it is ...
URGENT HELP ... many problems for example wont let me dowload Apps from Market, saying that my phone has NO account connect to it for starters ...
Can any body help PLEASE ... Regards and looking forward to a reply

Upvote 0
I myself have purchased a flytouch 3, 32gb ...
The company I purchased it from suggested that I upgrade to Tims latest ROM .. Version 6a I think it is ...
URGENT HELP ... many problems for example wont let me dowload Apps from Market, saying that my phone has NO account connect to it for starters ...
Can any body help PLEASE ... Regards and looking forward to a reply

Hi

Have a look at:

Flytouch 3 Hybrid ROM (rooted)

in the last few pages there is a lot of discussion re missing drivers in 6a. I am using Tims 5a still and Market and WiFi works fine although I also use a 150Mbps 802.1 High Gain USB adapter which is FAR superior to the on board WiFi. You need to switch off the WiFi on the FT prior to boot up.

BTW you need to set up a google account for market apps and then check the box in settings.

You will still be able to find Tims 5a on the forum.

Hope this helps.

Daven

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones