• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2

chockimon

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
Hello :), I was about to buy a Flytouch 2 10" tablet on ebay, that's until I came across some news about the Flytouch 3, which sounds even better. I looked on Ebay, but it obviously isn't available yet. Does anyone know when this might be available to buy in the UK? and if so how much approximately will it cost?

Thanks
:D

Flytouch 3 Pimp Slaps Zenithink 2 ZT-180 2 w/ Android 2.2, GPS
Flytouch3 improves on success of the Flytouch2 by adding Android 2.2 (Froyo), larger 6400mah battery for 6 hours usage, better screen resolution, and will support Flash 10.1 in a month or so. What are the people at Zenithink 2 ZT-180 II going to do?

Flytouch 3 Pimp Slaps Zenithink 2 ZT-180 2 w/ Android 2.2, GPS

Reactions: Woodyandroid
I haven't seen much but the specs on the Flytouch 3 (Superpad 2). From my understanding though, the GPS is still not built in. It boasts what seems to be a better battery and matches the Zenithink RAM and Flash specs. You still get the 2 usb and 2 micro SD slots which is a plus.

Can find any really good updated pics either. Wondering if the bump for the ethernet cable is still there.

Waiting for a decent review, written or via youtube.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen much but the specs on the Flytouch 3 (Superpad 2). From my understanding though, the GPS is still not built in. It boasts what seems to be a better battery and matches the Zenithink RAM and Flash specs. You still get the 2 usb and 2 micro SD slots which is a plus.

Can find any really good updated pics either. Wondering if the bump for the ethernet cable is still there.

Waiting for a decent review, written or via youtube.

I am pretty sure it is built-in GPS, and the external antenna is for better gps precision.

I went ahead and bought the Flytouch3 w/ express shipping. Am waiting for China Grabber to send me my tracking number though. Hopefully, I will be one of the first to get tab so I can do the first review.

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure it is built-in GPS, and the external antenna is for better gps precision.

I went ahead and bought the Flytouch3 w/ express shipping. Am waiting for China Grabber to send me my tracking number though. Hopefully, I will be one of the first to get tab so I can do the first review.

cool , let me know how long it took for you to get it, and also if it is able to play flash videos

Upvote 0
I recieved my Flytouch 3 a few days ago, it seems that the only upgrade from the flytouch 2 is android 2.2. It does have a headphone jack, but not the upgraded ram and internal 4 gb flash. How do I even know if it is android 2.2?

I would think that it's not a true Superpad 2 Flytouch 3 without the things you mentioned.
Where did you purchase yours from?
Mine is coming from Chinagrabber/Pricedinchina.

Upvote 0
What problems are you talking about?

The battery charger seemed to be the most problematic and a few people had to replace the battery itself.
(Here's a alternative replacement for the battery charger found at RadioShack .)

Enercell 9VDC - 1500 mA
Adapter "I"

Be sure to get the correct polarity on the adapter (Important).
I won't know what the correct polarity on the adapter will be until i receive my flytouch 3.

Battery charger not charging: When the tablet is switched off, it will not charge. It must be running on to be charging. Also, doesn't update the battery status while in standby. Bring it out of standby and it looks like the battery is charging fast until the widget catches up to the actual charge... i.e. %2 increase every 5 seconds or so.

Battery life not long: Install a apps killer, Turn off WiFi.

There are more but i want to be sure I'm referring to Superpad 2 Mytouch 3. I have to go back and check my sources.

Upvote 0
The battery charger seemed to be the most problematic and a few people had to replace the battery itself.
(Here's a alternative replacement for the battery charger found at RadioShack .)

Enercell 9VDC - 1500 mA
Adapter "I"

I won't know what the correct polarity on the adapter will be until i receive my flytouch 3.

Battery charger not charging: When the tablet is switched off, it will not charge. It must be running on to be charging. Also, doesn't update the battery status while in standby. Bring it out of standby and it looks like the battery is charging fast until the widget catches up to the actual charge... i.e. %2 increase every 5 seconds or so.

There are more but i want to be sure I'm referring to Superpad 2 Mytouch 3. I have to go back and check my sources.

Seems like identical behavior for my 2 FT2s. I already posted about this issue where the battery is actually charged but the measuring circuit seems to be F**Ked up.
If you live the charger connect for too long (after the LED goes out), this phenomena will happen. It seems like the tablet needs to be ON for the battery monitoring circuit to work. Otherwise, it just either pretends nothing has happened/charged or worst still decides the battery is flat & refuses to power on!

I solved the power on failure by the following method:
1. Unplug the charger.
2. Plug it back in. LED should lights up.
3. Wait a couple of minutes.
4. Turn on tablet.

Anyway, I will not be getting the FT3. No flash 10.1 is a deal breaker for me...

Upvote 0

Enercell 9VDC - 1500 mA
Adapter "I"

I recieved my superpad 2 early last week after waiting on chinagrabber to get back from celebrating the chinese new year. I almost wish i had gone with the flytouch 2/superpad just for the reason that the roms have been improved and make the tablet actually operable. I have made this mistake before by purchasing the blackberry storm when it first came out as bb's first touchscreen device. Just as the storm, the touchscreen is slowwwwwww, and cannot keep up with the operations. The main reason i got this tablet was for the upgraded ram and not having to reboot every other 30 mins or having to run bare minimum just so i can somewhat operate one program. Because of how new the tablet is, there is no word on which roms work on the superpad 2. I dont want to brick the thing by trying either.

Upvote 0
I recieved my superpad 2 early last week after waiting on chinagrabber to get back from celebrating the chinese new year. I almost wish i had gone with the flytouch 2/superpad just for the reason that the roms have been improved and make the tablet actually operable. I have made this mistake before by purchasing the blackberry storm when it first came out as bb's first touchscreen device. Just as the storm, the touchscreen is slowwwwwww, and cannot keep up with the operations. The main reason i got this tablet was for the upgraded ram and not having to reboot every other 30 mins or having to run bare minimum just so i can somewhat operate one program. Because of how new the tablet is, there is no word on which roms work on the superpad 2. I dont want to brick the thing by trying either.

Are your only complaints is about upgrading the rom and slow screen?
Are you satisfied with the unit?
Could you list the Pro's and Cons of your Flytouch 3 superpad 2?

I saw a rom android 3 (honeycomb) upgrade for the flytouch 3.
when i get some time i'll double check.

Upvote 0
Are your only complaints is about upgrading the rom and slow screen?
Are you satisfied with the unit?
Could you list the Pro's and Cons of your Flytouch 3 superpad 2?

I saw a rom android 3 (honeycomb) upgrade for the flytouch 3.
when i get some time i'll double check.

Slow screen, weak microphone, weak speakers, and it is hard to find apps that are compatible because of froyo being a generic os. On skype you cannot have video calls using built in cam. I havent tested the gps yet. *CORRECTION* There is more ram added, im not sure why the settings only totaled 256, which i dwnld a memory app that had actual bytes of ram being used and available that totaled twice of 256. What are the other forums you are reading about the flytouch3? I def would be interested in the android 3 rom, which i am getting a usb to usb today to do a manual root. I am finished dealing with this phone and tab os.

Upvote 0
Here are a few screenshots I have compiled the past few days messing with my flytouch 3:

2011-2-18-10-21-25.jpg

This is the application page of my flytouch 3, using the Infotm Home launcher that came with it (I am now using zeam home app)

2011-2-22-0-18-11.jpg

Android Market

2011-2-22-2-11-33.jpg

Android 2.2

2011-2-22-2-13-44.jpg

2011-2-22-2-17-7.jpg

2011-2-22-18-45-22.jpg

Memory Booster

2011-2-22-18-47-13.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones