Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2General

1. QuietFire

QuietFire Member

So have tried bricking this yet? I've been doing a little preliminary searching for a Honeycomb Rom, but haven't found a step by step how to for these yet.

I've never rooted an Android device, but with the Thunderbolt coming out with Droid 3 and the possibilities for smother interaction with the tabs, I'm going to be very temped. Mind you it didn't take me long to set up my GF's Droid X to copy music from my Linux box, so I know I can connect to my network with the slightest tweaking with 2.2. But still checking out the newest and the features is mighty appealing to me!
  2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Well-Known Member

I've got it rooted but I'm having a hard time getting a working recovery image on here. I'm about to try the FT2 manual approach and see if that takes. From what I can see I'm running a similar build to the Nexus 1 so that's the image I'm trying to get on here(Gingerbread). I don't know that Honeycomb will ever see the light of day on here but I'll give it a shot.
    QuietFire likes this.
  3. jannoi

jannoi Member

Hi everyone, ive got some video's on my website E-webshops

Currently i am reselling them in the Netherlands, and i noticed the latest versions are running on android 2.2 update 1- 2011-03(something) those systems run much faster than the 201100118 versions. All animations and scrolls are even without any lagg now.

I wasn't able to make a video about them. But if someone would have the new firmware could they share it? and mail me instructions to install it on older firmwares. to: info@ewebshops.nl?

Thanks....
  4. jannoi

jannoi Member

I received mine while it was still in process. Probably since ive ordered for over 4k dollars they'll ship it direct. Took not more than five days for me to receive.

But... they now ship them out with a much faster firmware, and angry birds and youtube worked. Im not sure yet flashplayer will work. maybe 10.2 (beta).
    Although it has the quality of an iPad 2 now.
  5. MrSmith317

Jannoi, if you can get me into recovery, I'll be glad to provide you a dump of the firmware. I haven't been able to get a working custom recovery on this thing yet
  6. QuietFire

QuietFire Member

Okay for a computer tech I've been slow to look at the possibilities with this thing. It was more of a want just so I could play with it. Anyhow I've read the advantages of Gingerbread over Froyo and now I know I want to bump it up to there at least.

Keep us posted! did you benchmark your battery life before you started? It sounds like there could be a decent bump there from what I've read as well as other things.

I'll probably be asking you more questions once my "FT3" or what ever you want to call this cheap little tablet gets here. The waiting is killing me!
  7. mixterz

mixterz Well-Known Member

seems a few flytouch 3 models are floating around pending where you bought it from.

i benchmarked mine via antutu and got a score of 843 again 2nd last on the scorechart post root.
  8. andriod34

andriod34 Member

I ordered my FlyTouch3 from ********** few days ago and Status says shipped through DHL.

Newest 10.2" FlyTouch3 Android 2.2 Froyo 512MB/4GB WiFi RJ45 GPS Camera HDMI FlashPlayer10.1 Tablet PC UMPC MID

Including shipping I paid : $195.88

Few things I liked about it is :
    - FlashPlayer10.1 Tablet PC
    - Infortm X220, 1GMHz ARM11
    - Battery : 7000-8000mAh
    - camera 2.1M pixel

I will update more after receiving the item.

I am not looking to upgrade from 2.2. I am looking for a basic functions..
    - Web surfing
    - 3D games
    - Emails
    - Min 5 hours battery life for surfing
    - Good Web Camera

Specs seems promising and most of the tablets have battery rating under 5000mah and this one only has 7000 MAH.

Again, This is info from the website .. I will write comments in next week after playing a little bit.(Hopefully, I will get by next week)
  9. mixterz

andriod34 id be surprised if it had flash on it

then again the site i got mine from said flash worked which it didnt.
  10. MrSmith317

Flash "works" on mine. I've grabbed the sys info from quadrant(attached) take a look and see if it compares with what you got.

Attached Files:

11. mixterz

only differance i see is my refresh rate is 0.02Hz yours is 61.46Hz
  12. MrSmith317

What build are you running? I'm running FRF85b
  13. mixterz

[​IMG]

here take a look
    dont get me wrong youtube works through the video box app no problem and angry birds works etc. just flash doesnt work in the browser
  14. MrSmith317

I can't. That img is linked to your HD. You can link images on the web directly but you have to attach files from your HD(scroll down....waaaay down in the new reply window) you'll see a manage attachments button
  15. andriod34

andriod34 Member

16. MrSmith317

Yeah that's what mine looks like
  17. fleet75

fleet75 Member

Hey guys,

As I'm looking to pick up a FT3, I've been reading this thread carefully looking for reputable dealers. It appears that ************ is touted as being the only dealer of genuine FT3's so far, but I can't find anyone confirming this. Several posters at another forum claim that *nobody* is selling FT3's because they aren't available yet.

For those who have ordered and received a genuine FT3 (not merely a retooled FT2), could you link me to your dealer (and provide the date of your order)?
    (Linking a photo of your unit's input ports would also be a huge help.)

For those who have received a genuine FT3 from ************, could you confirm here?
    (Again, a confirmation photo of your device would be a huge help.)

For those who ordered a FT3 and received a beefed up FT2, could you confirm which dealer pulled the bait and switch (including Ebay sellers)?

I think a lot of people would benefit from a collected database of good/bad dealers. I'll update this post as I receive new information.

Thanks, guys.

UPDATE:
    -mixterz confirms a FT3 received from ************.
  18. mixterz

as far as im aware its a ft3 doesnt say on the box but the ft3 was to have double the ram of the ft2 which mine has and i got mine from ************.
  19. fleet75

fleet75 Member

The problem is, a lot of these dealers are merely selling re-tooled FT2's by adding more RAM. As far as I know, the only physical difference between the FT2's and the FT3's is that the FT3 has one *less* memory card slot.

Does your ************ unit have one or two slots? Uploading a photo of your unit would be a huge bonus.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. mixterz

yup only one sdcard the top one is defo mine!
    remember its the cheapest tablet around so its not on par with the ipad and the benchmark has it ranked 2nd last of the android 2.2 devices. aint gona replace my laptop but its good for on the go. sound is terrible minus headphones literally terrible but then again its a personal device i dont mind that. from ************ i also got the 16gb sdcard and case/usb keyboard which is worth it too!
  21. mixterz

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

main image is running a live wallpaper which is cool
    hope these pics uploaded
  22. fleet75

fleet75 Member

Perfect. Thanks for the photos and video. Looks like ************ is the real deal.

23. mixterz

sure is, took a week to ship here from ordering it which was fast i paid for the express shipping though.
    looks laggy in the vid because the live wallpapers kinda hug all the power
    the one on ************ i got is the pic of your one holding the flt3
  24. k.oleg

k.oleg Member

please inform us when you receive your's tablet with small review.