• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2

Just a final note before i brick this tab. The usb host works on flash drives keyboard and mice. Pretty sweet if you ask me

So have tried bricking this yet? I've been doing a little preliminary searching for a Honeycomb Rom, but haven't found a step by step how to for these yet.

I've never rooted an Android device, but with the Thunderbolt coming out with Droid 3 and the possibilities for smother interaction with the tabs, I'm going to be very temped. Mind you it didn't take me long to set up my GF's Droid X to copy music from my Linux box, so I know I can connect to my network with the slightest tweaking with 2.2. But still checking out the newest and the features is mighty appealing to me!

Upvote 0
I've got it rooted but I'm having a hard time getting a working recovery image on here. I'm about to try the FT2 manual approach and see if that takes. From what I can see I'm running a similar build to the Nexus 1 so that's the image I'm trying to get on here(Gingerbread). I don't know that Honeycomb will ever see the light of day on here but I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: QuietFire
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, ive got some video's on my website E-webshops

Currently i am reselling them in the Netherlands, and i noticed the latest versions are running on android 2.2 update 1- 2011-03(something) those systems run much faster than the 201100118 versions. All animations and scrolls are even without any lagg now.

I wasn't able to make a video about them. But if someone would have the new firmware could they share it? and mail me instructions to install it on older firmwares. to: info@ewebshops.nl?

Thanks....

Upvote 0
I received mine while it was still in process. Probably since ive ordered for over 4k dollars they'll ship it direct. Took not more than five days for me to receive.

But... they now ship them out with a much faster firmware, and angry birds and youtube worked. Im not sure yet flashplayer will work. maybe 10.2 (beta).
Although it has the quality of an iPad 2 now.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to get on here(Gingerbread). I don't know that Honeycomb will ever see the light of day on here but I'll give it a shot.

Okay for a computer tech I've been slow to look at the possibilities with this thing. It was more of a want just so I could play with it. Anyhow I've read the advantages of Gingerbread over Froyo and now I know I want to bump it up to there at least.

Keep us posted! did you benchmark your battery life before you started? It sounds like there could be a decent bump there from what I've read as well as other things.

I'll probably be asking you more questions once my "FT3" or what ever you want to call this cheap little tablet gets here. The waiting is killing me!

Upvote 0
I ordered my FlyTouch3 from Aliexpress few days ago and Status says shipped through DHL.

Newest 10.2" FlyTouch3 Android 2.2 Froyo 512MB/4GB WiFi RJ45 GPS Camera HDMI FlashPlayer10.1 Tablet PC UMPC MID

Including shipping I paid : $195.88

Few things I liked about it is :
- FlashPlayer10.1 Tablet PC
- Infortm X220, 1GMHz ARM11
- Battery : 7000-8000mAh
- camera 2.1M pixel

I will update more after receiving the item.

I am not looking to upgrade from 2.2. I am looking for a basic functions..
- Web surfing
- 3D games
- Emails
- Min 5 hours battery life for surfing
- Good Web Camera

Specs seems promising and most of the tablets have battery rating under 5000mah and this one only has 7000 MAH.

Again, This is info from the website .. I will write comments in next week after playing a little bit.(Hopefully, I will get by next week)

Upvote 0
Flash "works" on mine. I've grabbed the sys info from quadrant(attached) take a look and see if it compares with what you got.

Attachments

• 2011-3-14-8-48-32.jpg
    2011-3-14-8-48-32.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey guys,

As I'm looking to pick up a FT3, I've been reading this thread carefully looking for reputable dealers. It appears that Chinagrabber is touted as being the only dealer of genuine FT3's so far, but I can't find anyone confirming this. Several posters at another forum claim that *nobody* is selling FT3's because they aren't available yet.

For those who have ordered and received a genuine FT3 (not merely a retooled FT2), could you link me to your dealer (and provide the date of your order)?
(Linking a photo of your unit's input ports would also be a huge help.)

For those who have received a genuine FT3 from Chinagrabber, could you confirm here?
(Again, a confirmation photo of your device would be a huge help.)

For those who ordered a FT3 and received a beefed up FT2, could you confirm which dealer pulled the bait and switch (including Ebay sellers)?

I think a lot of people would benefit from a collected database of good/bad dealers. I'll update this post as I receive new information.

Thanks, guys.

UPDATE:
-mixterz confirms a FT3 received from Chinagrabber.

Upvote 0
The problem is, a lot of these dealers are merely selling re-tooled FT2's by adding more RAM. As far as I know, the only physical difference between the FT2's and the FT3's is that the FT3 has one *less* memory card slot.

Does your Chinagrabber unit have one or two slots? Uploading a photo of your unit would be a huge bonus.

as far as im aware its a ft3 doesnt say on the box but the ft3 was to have double the ram of the ft2 which mine has and i got mine from chinagrabber.

Attachments

• fly3.jpg
    fly3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
yup only one sdcard the top one is defo mine!
remember its the cheapest tablet around so its not on par with the ipad and the benchmark has it ranked 2nd last of the android 2.2 devices. aint gona replace my laptop but its good for on the go. sound is terrible minus headphones literally terrible but then again its a personal device i dont mind that. from chinagrabber i also got the 16gb sdcard and case/usb keyboard which is worth it too!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones