• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flytouch 3 Camera Stopped Working after Tims 4e flash

Hi Tcheko

I am quite relieved that others have the same problem. I was beginning to think it was something it was doing/not doing.

I think I have exhausted everything and yet the problem persists.

Numerous re flash with Tims 4e with clinical precision formatting, So1, and flash to last official version. I was not able to install a different camera as the stock on is preventing it from starting.

I also agree that it unlikely to be a hardware issue.

It may mean something to someone but when running Android System app from Market the camera reports the following:

Antibanding:null
Color effect: none
Exposure Compensation:0
No Camera available or error while accessing camera.

It would be interesting to see if the number of new tablets displaying this problem increases in the next few weeks. If you have seen the problem on tablets other than just the 32gb version like mine then this is going to be a bigger problem.

As I've said before, everything else is great and although the camera issue does not make a huge difference to me I just hate it when something does not do what it should.

I'm not able to offer a discount for a solution like you but I will certainly heap praise on any one that does :)

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

right - I have installed the Android System info app on a "healthy" tablet and I am getting the same stats so not much help there.

I have however performed surgery and replaced the non functional camera with a working camera from another tablet running the same firmware.
The cameras are different. Just for interest, the newer one (not working one) is HZ0026G0308, the older I had, working one is LRGY229CX

so either...

1) All the 8 cameras in my tablets are faulty

or

2) The newer camera is not supported by the current firmware, I guess an issue with the drivers.

If this is the case and they have started building in different camera there should soon be more people with the same problem.

I will give it a go and contact Tim in a hope that he may take a look at it, will even send him a Tab if that helps.
I have also contacted my Chinese guy to get hold of the exact firmware used in those new tabs I have received. Will keep you updated ;)
Cheers

Tcheko

Reactions: daven
Upvote 0
Here's another of Tim's posts regarding the camera.

Yep I've been notified of the new hardware they use for the camera in recent models.
So the rom coming with those will most likely not work with the old camera in our models, and vice versa, if you flash 4e on the recent model the camera won't work.
Might take some time for me to figure out which binaries are causing that, and either find a way to make it compatible with all models
(although since I don't have the new model with the new hardware, it would be difficult to do)
or use yet another GScript to switch drivers around *g*, or maybe try to auto detect the hardware and do that automatically at boot time ;)

Upvote 0
Hey D,

good work!

If I would be a little smarter and test the tabs I have received one by one when upgrading the firmware I could just send one to Tim, presuming he is in the UK :)

I could order some more from china but with my luck I am sure that all those delivered will be the ones with older cameras :)

Best shot would be to get the original firmware, I am working on it!
.. or get a handful of the old cameras and swap those :)

cheers

Tcheko

Upvote 0
Hey D,

good work!

If I would be a little smarter and test the tabs I have received one by one when upgrading the firmware I could just send one to Tim, presuming he is in the UK :)

I could order some more from china but with my luck I am sure that all those delivered will be the ones with older cameras :)

Best shot would be to get the original firmware, I am working on it!
.. or get a handful of the old cameras and swap those :)

Great work and thanks to Tcheko, deeboi, tbod, Dart 16 and of course to Tim.

Happy to test any mod or script that is produced on my ibex 32gb.

I emailed my seller last night and he replied

>>. If you need a link to the pre-installed factory firmware let me know. <<

Is this worth following up?

Cheers

Daven

Upvote 0
Hi there!

Here another case of cam broken after update to Tim4e...

The tab delivered this week and works cam ok, then update and no cam, flashing green and red lines.

I thought it might have been beaten, or factory faulty, but reading your comments I'm convinced it's a driver issue.

Restored to official firm 2.2-20110529 (bringing the factory) and still green screen again, and this is really odd.

Hoping that we all find the solution,

Kind regards!

Upvote 0
Hi there!

The tab delivered this week and works cam ok, then update and no cam, flashing green and red lines.

I thought it might have been beaten, or factory faulty, but reading your comments I'm convinced it's a driver issue.

Restored to official firm 2.2-20110529 (bringing the factory) and still green screen again, and this is really odd.

Kind regards!

Hi Polako

Welcome to the faulty cam club. I suspect our numbers will increase steadily until a fix is found.

I spoke to Tim last night and he said that the camera issue is a pain, he had not found a fix yet but it was difficult to find without having the issue himself.

I told him about the offer of a faulty tab from Tcheko (I have sent you a PM Tcheko)

Hopefully we will get a fix soon. It will certainly be in the best interest of suppliers, distributers and of course us.

Cheers

Daven

Upvote 0
Hi there!

Kind regards!

Hey Polako,

I've tried dozens of the so called 'official' roms and none fixed it until guru Tim worked him magic, I am sure it will sort you problems too.

Also the 2mp camera is a massive improvement to the previous models!

cheers

Tcheko

Upvote 0
Sorted!

Hi Daven, Polako and D,

I had a magical fix forwarded by Tim and all is well now!
Yes!!

I was asked not to share yet as for now it is still work in progress and the official rom with fix will be available shortly on the forum.

Cheers for all the help guys!
The Tim guy really is a wizard ;)

Tcheko

Great News, Thanks Techeko and of course Tim.

I saw this tonight

http://www.chinagrabber.com/flytouch...ingtouch4.aspx

1. Has built-in 3G. From the pics I noticed that the ethernet slot has been dropped for the SIM card.
2. Has built in Bluetooth.
3. Has 2 TF card slots. But only one USB slot. I am guessing the other USB went for the BT module
wink.png

4. Says it has "hi-speed networking support" so not sure if they have upgraded to 802.11n.

Things seem to move very fast in this market. I've only had the updated version for 11 days and its out of date

Oh well, at least I'll get the camera back and some kind person might buy me a USB 3g Dongle for my Birthday on Saturday.

Daven

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

Tims 5a is now available. I flashed it tonight (10 mins ago) and the camera works great. The sound volume is definitely louder as well.

This should be the end of this Camera problem thread.

Cheers

Daven

Version 5a :)
Thanks
wink.png

well it's available... NOW ! ;P
Thanks to all the testers
smile.png

Click here for Info, Tips & download links

It should be faster overall I think
smile.png

And here are the other main changes:
- Gscript to fix newer models 2Mp camera issue.
- Patched libigps.so for quicker gps location fix after 1st fix.
- Merged back the official firmware 20110530 useful modifications
- Updated framework & optimizations
- Updated apps
Maps
BetterKeyboard
DolphinBrowser
LogViewer
- Vpn fix. (PPTP with or without encryption reported to work, OpenVPN most likely not working, please report.)
- Zipaligned video player & ccplayer by FlanFinger
- Deactivate MyPad application by default (Buggy to mount/unmount and see external medias)
- Add GScript to reactivate MyPad application (better use FileManager, use MyPad at your own risk)
- Settings.apk with more features unlocked by UncleRus
- Add TtsService.apk back
- Add NetworkLocation.apk

There are a couple issues that I've not been able to fix, but found workarounds.
See Known issues on the main page.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the update but this still did not fix my camera issues???? what to do next

Hi Guys

Tims 5a is now available. I flashed it tonight (10 mins ago) and the camera works great. The sound volume is definitely louder as well.

This should be the end of this Camera problem thread.

Cheers

Daven

Version 5a :)
Thanks
wink.png

well it's available... NOW ! ;P
Thanks to all the testers
smile.png

Click here for Info, Tips & download links

It should be faster overall I think
smile.png

And here are the other main changes:
- Gscript to fix newer models 2Mp camera issue.
- Patched libigps.so for quicker gps location fix after 1st fix.
- Merged back the official firmware 20110530 useful modifications
- Updated framework & optimizations
- Updated apps
Maps
BetterKeyboard
DolphinBrowser
LogViewer
- Vpn fix. (PPTP with or without encryption reported to work, OpenVPN most likely not working, please report.)
- Zipaligned video player & ccplayer by FlanFinger
- Deactivate MyPad application by default (Buggy to mount/unmount and see external medias)
- Add GScript to reactivate MyPad application (better use FileManager, use MyPad at your own risk)
- Settings.apk with more features unlocked by UncleRus
- Add TtsService.apk back
- Add NetworkLocation.apk

There are a couple issues that I've not been able to fix, but found workarounds.
See Known issues on the main page.

Upvote 0
Hello guys I am new to android forums and I also wanted to say thanks to tim for new roms.
I updated my flytouch 3 to 4e and I have the same problem with the camera not working.
I have tried looking in gscript lite for 2mp gscript but that option is not there, so here is my question?
Does any body have a gscript that I can type in and add to gscript lite?
Where can I find it, or tim if you have it can you post it on here so I get my camera working again on my flytouch 3.

Once again thank you tim for you work.
Thanks in advance to any body willing to help me with this problem .

Upvote 0
Ok guys I tried this on my flytouch 3 but it failed big time...
I decided to flash 5a into my pad and went into gscript,saved the 2mp camera fix on to my sd card.
I then took the card out and flash rom 4e back into the pad.
I then added the 2mp script to gscript on 4e, loaded it and tried the camera I am still having the same green screen because my idea did not work.

Well if tim or some one else wants to write a 2mp camera fix script that works for rom 4e all that has to be done is to put a download link with the 2mp camera fix script in a zip.
Then it can be downloaded to the pc and unzip to the sd card and loaded into the flytouch 3.
I world try it my self but I don't have the software or the skills to do.
This is just an idea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones