• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flytouch 3 Camera Stopped Working after Tims 4e flash

Ok guys I tried this on my flytouch 3 but it failed big time...
I decided to flash 5a into my pad and went into gscript,saved the 2mp camera fix on to my sd card.
I then took the card out and flash rom 4e back into the pad.
I then added the 2mp script to gscript on 4e, loaded it and tried the camera I am still having the same green screen because my idea did not work.

Well if tim or some one else wants to write a 2mp camera fix script that works for rom 4e all that has to be done is to put a download link with the 2mp camera fix script in a zip.
Then it can be downloaded to the pc and unzip to the sd card and loaded into the flytouch 3.
I world try it my self but I don't have the software or the skills to do.
This is just an idea.

That camera fix only works wit Tim5 . .. flash it again to Tim5 then use the fix .. . It will work . . .

Upvote 0
Ok guys I tried this on my flytouch 3 but it failed big time...
I decided to flash 5a into my pad and went into gscript,saved the 2mp camera fix on to my sd card.
I then took the card out and flash rom 4e back into the pad.
I then added the 2mp script to gscript on 4e, loaded it and tried the camera I am still having the same green screen because my idea did not work.

Well if tim or some one else wants to write a 2mp camera fix script that works for rom 4e all that has to be done is to put a download link with the 2mp camera fix script in a zip.
Then it can be downloaded to the pc and unzip to the sd card and loaded into the flytouch 3.
I world try it my self but I don't have the software or the skills to do.
This is just an idea.

I don't run Tim's firmware so can't check this out myself but here's what you need to do.

If you long press on the 2Mp camera fix script and choose edit you can see exactly what it does (if it is like Tim's other scripts it will rename the old camera driver to disable it then rename the 2Mp driver to enable that).

What you would need to do is copy the script and the files it references [from the 5a firmware] to an SD Card then copy them to the same locations on your 4e machine.
The script should work correctly on 4e.

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones