• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FlyTouch 3 lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as a fake disco10. They are either disco, disco10, or P041. They are all "real things". The only claim to a fake would be if they advertised a certain brand and shipped another or advertised components that are not what ended up in the tablet.

Beanboomba you do not appear have the version that was reporting issues with custom ROMs. You can check with your reseller first but the versions having problem were 20110803. I would contact litb and see about getting a link to firmware to flash or ask them about Using Tim's rom. Let them know the problems you are having.

It also depends on what your were doing when it locked up. Certain apps or random?

Upvote 0
It was random apps. One was just reading a book in a nook app. I also contacted light in the box to get a firmware or flash, and they do not have one available. SHOULD it say Flytouch 3 on the box? It does not.

The box is not an issue. Most any reseller you buy from will come with a superpad/superpadII/superpadIII box and they are called across the industry as Flytouch 3/Superpad II-II. One reseller has branded their own box so unless you ordered an Ibex Flytouch 3 you got what you ordered, the reset is just propaganda put out by the same people who complain that every other manufacturer is putting out nothing but shoddy fakes and filling the forums with propaganda. Kinda ironic.

Now it looks like LITB does say flashing can void your warranty. That gives you 3 options. One would be to go ahead and flash Tim or Flanfingers latest rom. Two would be to contact LITB by e-mail and get confirmation you can flash a custom firmware and NOT void your warranty to try to fix the issue. Third would be to request a replacement pad from LITB.

If your pad did suffer from the wifi issue Tim has put a link to a firmware that should fix it. But as I said your android version is not the one reported with problems.

Reactions: beanboomba
Upvote 0
The wifi issue I had was the switch on the top of the tablet. Once I flipped it, all was well.

I have contacted LITB and they stated there is no new firmware/flash available. Since it has locked up more than my windows system I think I am going to send it back.

Can anyone recommend a reliable site to buy from? What model tablet would you recommend? Really do not want to spend the money on an Ipad, I do not think they are worth the price.

I also found a few sites that the dolphin browser will not work with. This tablet is for my wife, so when she is happy everyone is happy. ;-))

Plus everytime it suspends or sleeps it kills the wifi. Sometimes it reconnects and sometimes it does not. The tablet seems to be unstable.

Upvote 0
The wifi issue I had was the switch on the top of the tablet. Once I flipped it, all was well.

I have contacted LITB and they stated there is no new firmware/flash available. Since it has locked up more than my windows system I think I am going to send it back.

Can anyone recommend a reliable site to buy from? What model tablet would you recommend? Really do not want to spend the money on an Ipad, I do not think they are worth the price.

I also found a few sites that the dolphin browser will not work with. This tablet is for my wife, so when she is happy everyone is happy. ;-))

Plus everytime it suspends or sleeps it kills the wifi. Sometimes it reconnects and sometimes it does not. The tablet seems to be unstable.

The new firmware supporting new wifi chipsets will be available very, very soon. We are still working on it, be patient, actually it is available now but is under tests before publishing it for a public access.

Reactions: beanboomba
Upvote 0
The new firmware supporting new wifi chipsets will be available very, very soon. We are still working on it, be patient, actually it is available now but is under tests before publishing it for a public access.

With that let's close the thread.

276415832.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones