• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flytouch 6 WoPad V10

furball999

Dec 7, 2011
I bought a Flytouch 6 WoPad V10 if that is the real name. It is a very good tablet probably the best for the price $119 on the market. It a great improvement over my old ZT-180. It will do video streaming from Netflix and video over Skype all on wi-fi. Android 2.3 is a big improvement over 2.2. This proudly makes this tablet work much better than my ZT-180. I have listed the specifications below. This tablet may also be called

Four vectors No the HDMI does not work, but to me that is not a big problem. The HDMI is said to be fixed in the next firmware update. The problem is I cannot even find the original firmware for the tablet. I bought this tablet from hxxp://www.techtoys2go.com. I have one question for you have you found a way to root this tablet? The problem with Techtoys is they sell them but will not support them. I have sent 2 emails about the firmware with no response.

Upvote 0
Furball999, I have just been over to apad.tv looking for your firmware as Chinagrabber are selling the FT5 (their name for it). They expect to be releasing a firmware update for it today.....

I noticed while i was there that the plonker of an Admin is still up to his old tricks...he wrote..

Hello Mr newpost,

The Zenithink Z102 is easily the worst tablet I've tried this year, it's a dead donkey. Also the cheapest constructed tablet I've used. ibex Flytouch 5 is excellent, I'm testing one out as I write this message..

Some things will never change!!

Its in one of the threads here
http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/forumdisplay.php?33-Technical-Help-for-ibex-Flytouch-5-Wopad-Android-2.3

Upvote 0
Yes, it appears that there is no such thing as the Flytouch 6 ... looks like Flytouch5 clone..

Beware! Flytouch 6 is NOT the Flytouch 5, its a Fake Clone

acgreen and forthedroid are both iBex fanboi and they are constantly posting how everyone except iBex and Chinagrabber sell sub standard 'fakes'.

I see from your posts that you are happy with your Flytouch 6.... thats great...no doubt you are glad you didn't waste $50 buying it with an iBex cardboard box.

Upvote 0
Dart16 after looking into this clone thing I think it is more of a case of the same tablet with a different name. I think I will wait to do the upgrade for a week or two and see if anyone has problems. This should flush out if it is a clone or not.

[sigh]

not a clone, not a genuine, not a fake

The Flytouch 6 you have is exactly the same as the iBex Flytouch5, it has a Vimicro A8 cpu on a pcb manufactured by Vimicro. It is also known as a Wopad V10, which, if you care to look, is exactly what iBex has for their Flytouch 5!! Chinagrabber and their tame apad.tv admin have always propagated this rubbish about iBex being the one and only genuine Flytouch sellers....they do it to try and justify over-pricing their stock. Buy your tablet from where you like... I have no ties with any manufacturer....Chinagrabbers propaganda department just pi$$es me off!!:cool:

Upvote 0
how are you dart long time no see i see apadtv/chinagrabber and there tribe are at again with there junk chatter,i must say though how foolish some people are it is the easiest thing in the world to search for IBEX tablet manufacturer in china/usa i think there last address was solar system 27 galatica avenue far south of the blackhole where all the junk gets sucked in 300 million miles from earth but then i always wondered why people paid upto $150 more for a ibex cardboard box must be the postage lol:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Dart16 you are 100% correct on the information you posted about the tablet names. Chinagrabbers has still not posted the firmware update that they said they were doing 2 days ago. That bunch over at Chinagrabbers may have a real problem with some of their admins and the information they are putting out.

Upvote 0
how are you dart long time no see i see apadtv/chinagrabber and there tribe are at again with there junk chatter,i must say though how foolish some people are it is the easiest thing in the world to search for IBEX tablet manufacturer in china/usa i think there last address was solar system 27 galatica avenue far south of the blackhole where all the junk gets sucked in 300 million miles from earth but then i always wondered why people paid upto $150 more for a ibex cardboard box must be the postage lol:rolleyes:

Yeh...nothing changes does it!! They are still spouting the same rhetoric... propaganda is what it is!! At least the iBex fanboi tend to stay over on apad.tv and soak it all up from the admin there......

you're selling the z102 now aren't you?.... hows that going?

Upvote 0
hi
Dart selling quite a few models moved on of course from Disco the z102 i can say are a very good machine biggest disappointment the 4GB, but faster alround then the flytouch arm11 chip.And biggest selling point paid apps of course.Just got some flytouch superpad 6 {V1} cortex A8 delivered 8GB at a silly price of $130 with case and keyboards,the loudest speakers i have seen on any model flytouch/superpads,and again very impressed with the difference from a upgraded cortex chip and i could go on about the other tablets i have running the cortex A9,but they are plenty of threads running what i would be saying. any way dart i'm happy your at home here with android forums keep busy and all the best

Upvote 0
Four vectors just got an email from hxxp://www.techtoys2go.com the place that I got my flytouch 6 from. They told me the new firmware is out and is shipping on the tablets they just got in from the factory. Not only do they have the best price on the internet market they may also support what they sell. I will keep you up-to-date if I really do get the firmware update from them. Who know when Chinagrabbers will post the firmware up on their web site.

Reactions: garyrickert
Upvote 0
Flytouch 6 is the name for copied versions of the ibex Flytouch 5. I'm glad they are not trying to call the low quality clones flytouch 5, as now it's very easy to spot a fake. Simple, just check the name, if it says flytouch 6 it's a low quality copy.
I don't see why people get so uptight about this issue. You get what you pay for.

Shame the HDMi is not working on the fake Flytouch 6 amongst other problems. From first accounts it works fine on the ibex flytouch 5. The same? well it doesn't look that way. Let's hope the clones are compatible, then at least people who are suckered into buying a flytouch 6 don't lose out completely.

Who in their right mind would seriously try and stand behind the name Flytouch 6, when everyone knows the Flytouch 5 has just been released by ibex.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarifications. I always wondered how there could be a "6" coming out only 1 month after the iBex Flytouch 5 did. This explains it.

Yea it is very obvious isn't it. Still you'll always get some guys who are wearing fake Addidas sports shoes who stand there and get angry as they shout about how they didn't get ripped off and their shoes are not fake, even though they bought them for ten bucks from a farmers market.
The way I see it, ibex's Flytouch 5 was released first, so that makes it the original.

Upvote 0
ive heard your masters are banning quite a lot of people over at scamming A*p^dt*
because of all the problems there having with there tablets something to do with batteries not charging,no HDMI,buggy firmware ho no not the same problem as everyone else are having on there flytouch cortex A8 how strange all the tablets are having the same problems looks like the fake ibex box can not hide the same issues as all the cortexA8 flytouches are having

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones