FM Radio issues on Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. Cami

Cami New Member This Topic's Starter

I am having issues with the FM radio on my Droid X. Any time I launch the program, I get the "FM Radio is being launched, please wait...." message, but it freezes that way, and FM Radio never launches. This has been happening since i got the phone, about a week ago. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Maybe you can try updating it or downloading it again in the market.

3. jcl945

jcl945 Member

Do you have anything plugged into the headphone jack? It requires something to be plugged into it.

4. Cami

Cami New Member This Topic's Starter

I do have a headset plugged into the phone, and I can't even seem to find the application in Market....

5. jeremys

jeremys Member

I'm noticing the same thing over the past few days, turning the phone off and turning it back on seems to fix it, until it happens the next time anyway.

6. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

You won't find it in the market, it is a Motorola app that was pre installed on the phone. Maybe for some reason it doesn't like your headphones, try another pair. I was using mine last night and was fidgeting with the plug and it dropped me out of the FM app. I opened the app back up and it was fine.

7. khansensf

khansensf New Member

I was having the same problem and believe I found a fix. The first preset set by the initial scan was at a frequency where there was no station - 87.7 or something. By changing this so that station 1 is valid the app now starts correctly.

Before that I had to power cycle the device after each time I quit the app before it would start w/o hanging.

8. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

can somebody confirm what signal this application uses? why in airplane mode does this app not work if it is really infact using antena from your headset??

9. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

betting it uses 3G somehow, but don't quote me on that

10. Arila

Arila New Member

I know this thread is really old, but when I had the same problem, it's the one that came up when I searched...

I noticed that when I was listening to the radio and then unplugged the headset (automatically shuts down the FM app), it seems to hang at the next start up. If I actually go through the "correct" method of menu>exit FM, this doesn't happen.

I don't have the presets problem - my #1 preset is a valid station, and I didn't leave it in a station with a weak signal which might have tripped the previously suggested cause. The power off/on trick works to fix it, but is really annoying.

11. linx0003

linx0003 New Member

I've been having this issue for a while now. The only way I get it to work is to restart the device. This happens multiples times a day for me.

Thanks

12. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Wishing it would work without headphones. Pretty silly.
    But, Tune In is better anyway(if you don't get a station that constantly buffers)