FM radio stays on even after killed with atkSupport

Last Updated:

1. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It may be an android thing or an Evo thing. But I tried the fm radio app and since I wasn't getting any reception while wearing headphones, I decided to kill it, even though atk said it was killed the fm radio app still stayed on. Had to power down.

Any suggestions.

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

press the back button until the app disappears. then uninstall ATK.

Thefoodman52 likes this.
  3. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

ATK and other task killing apps won't stop processes in FroYo like they did in Eclair... FroYo mem management also seems to be a lot better than Eclair. I used to frequently use ATK to kill off any apps that seemed to rob my phone of performance, but with FroYo I've noticed a lot less need to do so.

I do get a couple of apps that seem to be using CPU once in a while and I'll kill them, but I usually let the system manage that stuff now... Don't worry about FM Radio sitting in memory.. unless of course it becomes a rogue app.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Here's what you do: hit the home button after turning it off, and continue using your phone. Don't forget to uninstall advanced task killer.

5. brimstone

brimstone New Member

I have the same problem with Motorola Defy/2.2
    And to all you smart guys snidely advising to just ignore the radio:

When I want to switch listening from FM to internal prerecorded podcasts, as I frequently do, it's really hard to hear the podcast with the radio still runnin'.