FM radio without earphones?

1. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to use the FM radio tuner with the speaker, instead of having to be plug in headphones. Doable?

Advertisement
    henok asfaw likes this.
  2. SiXiam

SiXiam Well-Known Member

You have to plug it in, its the antenna. You can change it to speaker though.

Menu > Loudspeaker
    nynvolt likes this.
  3. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

Generally, phones that include an FM radio tuner use the wire from the wired headphones as the radio's antenna, so sadly, I'm afraid not. Just think though, you can listen to your music at the volume you like and won't be annoying others. Every cloud has its silver lining! ;-)
  4. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

ok, makes sense
  5. Sparhawk2k

Sparhawk2k New Member

Actually, you can listen to the radio through the normal speakers... You just still need to have the headphones plugged in. There's a setting to switch between them to decide where the sound goes.

Not exactly the best solution but it's better than turning the volume up a lot on the headphones.
  6. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

There was thread on this already. A said he got some cheap headphones cut off the ear buds, taped up the wires, plugged it in and switched to loudspeaker. That worked for him/or her. :)
  7. Guitar4him

Guitar4him Well-Known Member

I use an 1/8" extension cable (like you use to connect a PC to speakers) in my headphone jack on my Droid X and the radio works great.
  8. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

if someone figures out, how to plug an antenna in and then send it through BT...let me know!!!
  9. bigepimp1

bigepimp1 New Member

Just download TuneIn Radio from the market it has all my local radio stations and does not require the headphones and seems to work pretty well.
  10. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

I heart radio is good too. I also like tunein radio. :)
  11. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I have both of these. The issue with I Heart is it's owned by Clear Channel and if they don't own your favorite station, it's not on the list. TuneIn works awesome, on the other hand. I know if you stream stuff online, they will block certain content (like baseball broadcasts) but I haven't had the chance to test either of these to see if that obstacle is overcome. I hope it is, as that is the primary reason I got these. My bet is I Heart will block them as it's from the station owning corp, while I don't thnk that's the case with TuneIn.
  12. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Tune In is quite awesome!
  13. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

excellent tip. :)
  14. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Well, looks like TuneIn plays baseball games. I am listening to the playoffs as we speak! I tried to do it on my work computer and it was a no go. Gotta love these developers!! :)
  15. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

If you don't mind, what station?
  16. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. I do have to work at least a little. :rolleyes: I live in the SF Bay Area, so it's on 1050 AM Radio, the Ticket!
  17. justinjerald

justinjerald New Member

Hi

It is possible to ON FM without earphone.
    If you have any old speaker/audio cable with 3.5mm jack, just cut the 3.5mm jack but remember you should leave a little bit of cable at least 2 cms.
    Now just pluck the jack and enjoy FM without earphone
  18. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

dang, responding to a nearly 2 year old post! talk about pulling one out of the archives!