FM Radio?

Last Updated:

1. x2x3lit3x2x

x2x3lit3x2x New Member This Topic's Starter

OKay so ive been looking around everywhere trying to figure this out. The Samsung Cap has a radio built in it, but ATT disabled it correct? Tell me if im wrong. If it is disabled, how do i enable it? and i just got the phone yesterday and honestly its a great phone but i thought the fm radio would be included. Please respond, thanks :] What do u guys recommended putting or installing on the phone anyway? I dont use data, i put data block on my phone, i knw theyll put data on eventually but i can call and tell them to take it off cuz ive been doing that for the iphone. But yeh respond bak :]

Advertisement
  2. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

I am big fan of FM radio as well. But I dont think you can use it on Captivate without using data. I use TuneIn Radio app for listening to radio. Its a great app, and surprisingly covers all the popular radio in the world.

It will be interesting to know that we can enable radio....look forward to others reply..

3. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a FM built in, in order to pick up the audio on the tv's in the gym

4. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

I don't know if it has been determined one way or another if the Captivate has the radio and its not supported if its actually not there.

5. fldude99

I doubt it's there

6. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

Great app, missing one station that I regularly listen to.

7. Andrewdroid

Andrewdroid Well-Known Member

Does the International Galaxy S maybe have an FM radio? I have an International Samsung Dumbphone I bought in the UK that had an FM radio. For some reason phones with FM radios are more popular internationally than in the US, I'm not sure why that is. I use Tune-In radio as well, but it would be nice to have a true FM radio that isn't using up my data plan.

Tune-In radio is a cool app though cuz you can listen to other country's stations and it finds your local stations based on your location.

8. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I doubt it has the FM receiver too. Samsung custom built the Captivate for AT&T, why would they have an FM receiver installed if they weren't planning on using it? That would be like them telling Samsung to put a flash for the camera then not enabling it.

9. Reggie3

Reggie3 Well-Known Member

10. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Streaming internet radio and an FM receiver are two different things. The poster is asking about the latter.

Considering that unlimited data is a thing of the past, an actual FM receiver has a huge necessary niche.

11. fldude99

EXACTLY! What I would like it for is to listen to the TV's in the gym that transmit audio on a FM channel