FM radio ?General

Last Updated:

1. idonthaveaclue

idonthaveaclue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll start by saying im posting this from my eris using tapatalk and i cant search(i dont think so anyway) so forgive me if there's already a thread for this.
    Im joining a gym that has tv's and to get sound they have stations on fm to hear it. Is there an fm app for the eris? I did search the market but didnt see what i was looking for.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

iheartradio

3. idonthaveaclue

idonthaveaclue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

iheartradio only plays clear channel stations. I need a fm tuner that will pick up ...say ch 106.3 . Thanks though. I do have iheartradio its pretty good.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

4. Tarheel_Rambler

Tarheel_Rambler Well-Known Member

Such an application would require that the Eris have an FM tuner built in...which it does not. FM frequencies are reused in multiple locations around the globe, so there is no way to accomplish what you want to do without a tuner.

5. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

I use RadioTime.

6. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

If you have an iPod you can get this attachment which makes it into a great radio. Cost is a little steep at around $40 I think, but it really is worth it. Probably better to use an iPod than a phone in a gym.

7. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

The newest iPod Nano has a built in FM radio.

8. abirduphigh

abirduphigh New Member

There is no FM tuner hardware built into the phone, which is what you need to pick up any frequency of an FM signal. If mentioning the iPod is supposed to be a solution for the OP to be able to hear an FM broadcast while he/she works out, well the Microsoft Zune also has a built-in tuner (all hardware models have had this and it works really well IMO), but either way, why wouldn't one just buy a $10 walkman instead? Seems a bit more economical to me...