• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FM Radio

rckymtn

May 13, 2010
Westy, Co
Problems i'm having on this is finding the right head phones to work, I have the Zune headphones i plug that into the jack but dont get a thing intill i take it out just a little and the radio plays, does same thing on the Ipod touch head phones..

This EVO specs says it a 3.5mm jack but seems to be a tad bigger, just a little loose, this is on both of those head phones.

So does anyone know of a good headphones that will work, somewhere in my house i have Bose head phones that i bought for the Zune and IPod.

Thanks

I have tried three different headpones and cant get the FM to work at all. Just static. Very dissapointed!

On a pair of headphones that isn't working (only giving static) try pulling the plug out just slightly: Plug it in until you hear the snap to turn on the FM tuning but then once you get the static, slowly lift it out... It'll suddenly tune and work!

Of course the problem is it's not actually usable like that since moving it out any more will turn the FM radio back off and pushing it fully will turn the antenna off again...

I agree with the original poster that it seems to be that the headphone jack is slightly too big and so the jack is not making proper contact with one of the terminals it's using on the plug for antenna. Very frustrating! I don't know what fix there could be for this...

Anyone else have any ideas? (or headphone models that work)

Upvote 0
Just found this thread.. I have two pairs of cheapy Sony headphones with standard jacks.. but one of them plugs in way very tight.. the other seems to 'just fit'.

The very tight one then registers as a microphone being inserted I think.. the fit one doesn't register at all. But when I unplug a tiny bit it does register (get the headphone icon in the notification area)

Don't really plan to use a headset all that often.. but still.. weird design issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones