FOA Hero Owners: Browsing?

Last Updated:

1. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the web browser on the Hero have the little zoom in/out buttons like other Android phones? Is there anything like this? The reason I ask is that multitouch, while very cool, doesn't look very practical when you're using the phone with one hand as that only really leaves the thumb free for key pressed and screen touches.

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

It depends on the build at the moment.......

3. jeremyabel

jeremyabel Member

Hi,

Can't say I've been able to find the +/- zoom buttons in the browser, as far as I can tell multitouch is the only way to do it. I can't even find a settings option for changing it.

As far as I can see it's only the browser and photo album that uses it. Other apps, such as Google maps still use the +/- zoon buttons.

You are right, it does make things pretty difficult for one handed use, but I think the other advantages far outweigh that (for me at least, obviously everyone has different needs/uses).

I find the multitouch very slick and responsive, in fact if I had a little niggle it's sometimes a bit TOO responsive but that is just something to get used to I guess.

J.

4. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Er, build? The build that I'll get when I buy the HTC Hero, whatever that is.

It's a shame if the zoom buttons are removed. Can you zoom any other way, like double-tap?

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

My apologies I thought when you said hero you meant one of the 10 or so different rooted builds made and continually updated....