1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Folder icons?

Last Updated:

1. jschall

jschall Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

*I would like to change the icons of my folders to indicate their contents. So, for example, my folder for my ebook reader apps could be an image of a book, my folder of GPS-related programs could be an image of a globe, and so on I am using ADW.Launcher, if that makes a difference Are there any utilities or launchers that let you change the look of individual folders?

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I use smart shortcuts, great app and you can use whatever icons you want for your folders you create. You can name the folders whatever you want and if you don't like the icons that come with it you can use pics from your gallery as the icon, or any icons from any icon pack you get from the market.

You just launch the app, make the shortcuts you want to, then long press the homescreen -> add shortcuts -> smart shortcuts -> pick the folder you want.

jschall likes this.
  3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

i use folder organizer, fantastic app.

4. Marc Wonderland

Marc Wonderland Well-Known Member

You can try Apps Organizer. I really like that program.

5. sunwee

sunwee Member

folder organiser is a bit slow when opening the folders. if you don't care about able to organise contacts, bookmarks etc. go for Apps Organiser by the same developer. it's much faster and lighter.

6. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

I think some theme apps could change directory's icons, such as Panda Home, Open Home and so on.