• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Folder locations?

Where did you create it? On your home screen? If so, its not liek a PC where all folders are the same and you can browse to a folder on you desktop like you can the c:\ drive.

The folders on the home screen are not directories as such. More a visual folder to store icons etc in. I am not sure, but I wouldn't expect a file browser on an Android device to be able to browse to that location.

Anyone correct me on this?

Upvote 0
yea home screen..

sad to hear that.. looks like there are some things that android just can't do yet..
why i asked is I created a folder on my hone screen for storing of my music and videos that i downloaded..

i created the folder, but for the life of me, i can't figure out how to move
the musics and videos to that folder..

even astro file manager not helping me much on this score..

Upvote 0
yea home screen..

sad to hear that.. looks like there are some things that android just can't do yet..
why i asked is I created a folder on my hone screen for storing of my music and videos that i downloaded..

i created the folder, but for the life of me, i can't figure out how to move
the musics and videos to that folder..

even astro file manager not helping me much on this score..

Please, android can do EVERYTHING!

Long press homescreen
click shortcuts
click astro
long press on folder you want to shortcut to
press ok
et voila.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones