Folder on Home ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pathosis

Pathosis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi G1-ers. I like keeping my homescreen organized, so I keep a folder of games, and a folder of shortcuts. I just wanted to ask if anyone knew how (if you can) to rename the folder, I've been trying to figure this out for a while.

NOTE: I also downloaded File Manager but had no clue how to use it, so if it involves using File Manager, please instruct on how! Thx in advance.

Advertisement
  2. crackertc

crackertc Well-Known Member

Hi,

just open up the folder you want to rename, then long press on the "title bar" on top, where you see the current folder name, then you can rename the folder to whatever you want.

3. Jhnsn283

Jhnsn283 New Member

I too like to be organized and I don't use the default app launcher. I have all my apps in eight different folders. It is over a hundred shortcut icons on my home screen within folders and well organized. The problem is the home screen will have a long draw lag when coming back from another application. I figured out what was causing the lag by getting rid of all my folders. I hate that I had to do that because now I can't find anything. So I am going to put the folders back and just deal with the almost 30 sec redraw lag on the home screen. There should be a faster more priority way to redraw the home screen.

4. wilbur

wilbur Member

i've been wondering how to do this for months! great to have the solution...

it highlights one of the problems of android in that it is very inconsistent in how you adjust settings etc!

5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

try clearing up your memory.

MemoryForLemmings is a great tool.

Also, open your browser, go into settings and clear the history and cache.

Also, I'd make a regular dump of SMS/MMS messages. There are programs that will back up your text messages in one way or another on the market if you want to hold onto them.

6. badabing

badabing Well-Known Member

Is there a way to auto close the folder after you launched a shortcut from it ???

I would like a speed dial folder but hate to close the folder after exiting a software / call screen.

TY

7. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

@Jhnson283 and Punk - I have the same issue as you Jhnson, and have tried many things Punk mentioned plus others. I just suffer the sometimes 60 sec wait. It is embarrassing that I have a cutting edge phone that can't handle normal wear and tear.

For accounting purposes. I have the right home with 12 icons, the middle with 6 and 4 widgets (imeem and calendar and date and battery), the left with 2 widgets, 1 shortcut, 2 icons and 2 folders (utilities has 9 icons, games has 20 icons.)

I know this is a lot, but not excessive.

8. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Member

I would like this also. No solutions?