1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Folder Organizer and Icon labels

Last Updated:

1. haddock

haddock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 30, 2010
    I just installed Folder Organizer Lite on my Desire in order to be able to change the icons on my home screen. It worked like a charm, but now I have a question.

I am able to edit the name of the icons, for example I have changed Advanced Task Killer to ATK, but I would like to have the option to not have any text at all. When I go to alter the text as usual and just delete the text, nothing changes.

So does anyone out there know how to completely remove text from underneath icons?:confused:

2. sandeepg

sandeepg Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Hey. Don't know if you still need this but LauncherPro is a great app that replaces the stock HTC Sense launcher. One of the options it gives you is to remove the labels from underneath icons.
  3. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010

With it you can customize ALL your apps icons, nest folders, create shortcuts to activities, bookmarks etc...and all with *customized* icons if you so desire.

Wish I was rooted so that I can show you my homescreen and WidgetLocker, in which I insert customized icons into the customized sliders because of what Folder Organizer allows me to do.

If you get Folder Organizer, you can uninstall Desktop Visualizer, as Folder Organizer does the same thing, but in a better way.

Since you can nest folders, you can be super minimalist on your homescreens.

For example, I created a folder called "Reading" in which I put my news and horoscope apps. I put "Reading" as a shortcut in Widget Locker, so that I can click on it from my lockscreen and have quick access to all my non-personal reading materials.

Then in my regular homescreen, I created a folder called Library, which contains personalized stuff like Memoires, I also included the Reading folder.

Hierarchy for Library looks like this:

-Folder: Reading (with various news apps)
    -Folder: Recipes (various recipe apps)
    -Loose apps, (e.g., Memoires, Quotation Keeper, etc.)

All of the folders above have customized icons that are themed (I use the "white" icons in LPP)

Way awesome!!

Great app.

Could you please move this post to the Folder Organizer Application Review thread? Maybe this makes more sense there instead of here.