Support Folder view

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emoshurchak, Oct 18, 2010.

1. emoshurchak

emoshurchak Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    In the pdf Vibrant manual that I downloaded, under Messages there is mention of a Folder View. This doesn't seem to work with my unit. I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to access this option?

Advertisement

2. Yaz75

Yaz75 Active Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Have you tried "Files" in the app tray?

That shows you which folders and files you have in the phone and on the card in a pretty conventional layout.

3. emoshurchak

Sep 30, 2010
    The Folder View option is for messages as follows:

Folder View
    This screen displays your messages in a tabular format. Inbox,
    Outbox, and Draft display on different tabs. the number of
    messages contained in each folder displays in a brackets.
    1. From the Home screen, touch Messaging.
    2. Press Menu > Folder view.
    3. Touch one of the tabs to view the messages in that folder.

When I press Menu, the only options I have are Compose, Delete Threads, Search, and Settings and there is no View option listed under Settings. By default, my messages are arranged in Thread view and I would like to try the Folder view option.

4. emoshurchak

Sep 30, 2010
    I think I may have solved my own problem. The answer may lie in the minor differences between Vibrant versions (i9000 vs T959). I was using the T959 manual. I found a manual for the i9000 which does not mention folder view and comparing specs under inbox capacity the i9000 reads "threaded view" where the T959 does not.

I always thought that the two versions were identical but apparently they are not. I'm curious about the differences and if one does not already exist, I would am going to start a i9000 vs T959 thread.

5. Yaz75

Yaz75 Active Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    My bad, I didn't see that you were specifically talking about the message window.

Yeah, when I pull up the options for messages, there is a folder view option. It toggles between folder and thread view. Which really doesn't seem to give you all that much more really. I don't save drafts and if I deleted it, then I don't care to save it in a trash folder or anything, and sent messages are in the thread anyways.

6. emoshurchak

Sep 30, 2010
    Good to know Yaz. I was just curious to see what I was missing.