Folder??

Last Updated: 2011-11-22 12:34:46
  1. avoca

avoca Member

Am I forgetting something obvious or is there really a mystery here? Wow.(Kind of irrelevant info: I am getting my phone all nice and neat, using ADW, messing with rows and columns, ect.) I created a desktop folder, and used it to hold my most used desktop shortcuts, so I could pull them onto the screens where I wanted them easily. Renamed the folder "Main Icons" I changed the desktop view, and now, where is that folder? When you make a folder from new folder, on your Droid 2 main screen or desktop, where on earth can you find it in the hierarchy? Seems as though it should be obvious, but guess I am just not smart enough this morning and I will be very very grateful if anyone has a clue!
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Do you have any type of file explorer app installed?
  3. avoca

avoca Member

I tried Astro and OI when I started looking for the folder, but got nowhere. Seems like it shouldn't be this difficult,I'm stumped!
  4. Rico ANDROID

what was the name of the folder that you are looking for again?
  5. Rico ANDROID

6. avoca

avoca Member

OK Thanks. The folder btw I had renamed Main Icons. I had just created a new folder on the desktop screen, dragged my icons there, and renamed it....so its last know place if existence was on the desktop :)
    I appreciate your help. I'm tethered to that Droid for internet, will try to follow your instructions as best as can.
  7. Rico ANDROID

ok so you are looking for the folder on your droid and not looking for a folder on your pc right?
  8. avoca

avoca Member

Yep. Working from droid now only.
  9. Rico ANDROID

ok from the droid, did you install the estrong file explorer app?
    avoca likes this.
  10. avoca

avoca Member

Yes,nice app. Where should i look?
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  11. Rico ANDROID

load file explorer; then look for the magnifying glass icon in the menu at the top of the screen you will next see where you can type in the folder name to search
    you'll hvae to play with searching each of the parent folder locations until its located.
    the old File Explorer lets you do a "wildcard' serch on the entire phone without being restricted to a parent folder
  12. Rico ANDROID

let me start up File explorer so we can look at the same screens. hold.
  13. Rico ANDROID

ok when file explorer is opened, the very first icon in the upper left is a blue house or sd card. select it until it changes to the square blue 'sdcard'
    avoca likes this.
  14. Rico ANDROID

1. click the magnifying glass icon (third icon to the right in the upper menu)
    2. enter the file name or a partial filename
    3. path; leave it at 'currenet path" for now
    4. Category , change it to "all'
    5. in the advanced options check the 'include sub directories
    click the ok button
    avoca likes this.
  15. Rico ANDROID

what did it locate?
  16. avoca

avoca Member

No results. Argg. Maybe new folders created on desktop aren't stored o sd card? Seems like there would be a default location, but my google quieries net zilch. ES File is very nice, thanks for that. I'll have to go at it again later...worktime.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  17. Rico ANDROID

At least you have an app to do some back end searching. yes give it another try later and make sure you are at the sd card level and not in one of the sub folders, you want search at the highest folder level possible.
  18. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

I just placed a folder on one of my screens and placed all the icons on that screen into the folder. I touch the folder icon and it opens up and I touch the apps and they open.

I am using Launcher Pro, long press the screen I want the folder on, click Folders on the popup that comes up, choose New Folder and it is placed on the screen. It is not going to be anyplace but on your screen.

You can also open the app drawer and choose an app long press it and it shows up on the screen, then you can drag it to the folder.

Hope that helps.
  19. Rico ANDROID

I do the same with LauncherPro Plus. I hope this is what the OP is trying to attempt but with his extra steps of tethering to his pc and moving files back/forth, domt know if more is involved.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]