Folders - Adding - Naming - Re-naming, etc.

Last Updated:

1. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 3, 2009
    When adding a new folder, it simply states:

Is it possible to give a folder a name?

Modify the name of a folder?

Re-name the folder?

Once items are dragged into folders, can they be taken out? Dragged out? Deleted while in the folder?

Seems I have to delete the entire folder and start over.

2. Negrito

Negrito Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    The naming is easy. A fellow forum member showed me the way just a couple days ago. Once you tap the folder to open it long press on its title in the popup window and it should let you change the name from there.

To take things out its just like moving them of your 'desktop'... Touch and hold the icon until it vibrates, and then move it to the bottom to delete, or move to where you want it. However i have not been able to re-arrange the folder icons so if that a concern of yours you may want to write down the lists in the order you want them.... Unless of course someone else around here knows how to re-arrange icons with in the folders...
  3. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009

have folders inside of folders - THAT would be nice

i tried it - they don't allow it

i would like a "favorites" folder - then folders for "news" and "forums" and... "whatever else strikes my fancy" etc

i like to keep organized that way

might be cool to have folders for widgets too - like "system controls"

the folder idea is cool because you could keep similar function type things in one easy to reach place

(hmm.. is that an editorial on android/htc/sprint's system settings organization??)