folders and their uses...droid erisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mdstrait

mdstrait New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 18, 2010
    when I plug my droid into my computer I see the folders....
    which folder do I put pictures into? can I make more folders to organize?
    which folder do I put sounds/ringtones into to have them be in the notifications sound list?

My Mom and I each have Droid eris...both have done the update.....BUT her eris does not have a media\audio\notification folder....I put a ringtone in that folder and it works for notifications...she doesn't have the folder, can I create it? and then will it work?

2. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    -for pictures. when looking through the folders on the sd card from the computer(ie when it is plugged in and mounted) there should be a folder named pictures. if not create it. and yes you can make sub folders, and id assume sub sub sub folders but never had the need.

-for ring tones. There should be a folder titled music. add your files to this folder in sub folders( I chose by artist with subfolders for their albums.) music-> artist -> album. one the media files are there just open up the stock music app. click the song you want then set as ringtone. You have the ability to trim the ringtone here to any portion of the song you would like.*

*note. I have found that it is hard to use the scroll slide as it seems to skip certain numbers and is hard to move accuratly, so be sure just to tap the arrows in each direction to move.
    mdstrait likes this.