Folders questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. jciccone

jciccone New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new Facinate Android and was wondering if there is a way to folder my roadrunner emails with seperate folders on the phone? Also, what will sync from my Outlook folders if anything. I was able to get my calendar to sync with my phones calendar.

Advertisement
  2. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

The ability to use folders requires an IMAP account. POP email doesn't support this. See if your ISP provides an IMAP based connection for your email. There are no phone side folder options, besides, you wouldn't want to do that as the email woudl be trapped on your phone.

For Outlook, if you are using the built in exchange sync functionality (ActiveSync) you should be able to see any folders in your online account. You will not see folders from offline folders like a local PST file on your PC. If you have a folder under your inbox in Outlook, then it is visable on your phone if you menu->folders in the Corporate email app on the device.

3. marcia8a

marcia8a New Member

Hi There-

I posted on the K-9 forum about this, but I'll post here as well, since it seems relevant.

I do have an IMAP account, and have been using it with my iPhone for several years now. It has a pretty elaborate folder structure, which I have no problem accessing through the iPhone. Neither the Android 2.2 email client nor K-9 are allowing me to see the folders I can normally see on the iPhone.

Am I missing something? When I go into accounts and select "folders" for this account (on the 2.2 email client), it just dumps me back into the Inbox.

Thanks for your help,

Marcia

**UPDATE**
    This problem was solved simply by removing the forward slash "/" character from my IMAP file path settings, an option you set in the Incoming Server settings for each account. My IT department had instructed me to use the "/" in this field on the iPhone and I had replicated these settings when I got the Android. Apparently it doesn't work on the Android, but once the setting was changed and the app had a chance to update the account, the folders showed up perfectly!