FoldersSupport

Last Updated:

1. buckie33

buckie33 Member This Topic's Starter

Under the add to home screen you can add folders to your home screen, is there anyway of renaming the folder? I cant figure out how and all I have is a folder of games with the folder name "folder" :(

Advertisement
  2. madman13

madman13 Member

there is nothin on the phone to rename them but there might be an app

3. Dunc-x10

Dunc-x10 Well-Known Member

Cant you re-name then on your computer ?

4. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

Apps organizer lets you put individual folders or a shortcut with all the folders in a menu it's my personnel choice or if you're feeling adventurous there's an app called ultimate faves pro that puts your apps in a 3d wheel that you can spin round and you can have multiple wheels for different categories, there's a cut down version with less wheels if you want to try it out.

5. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Its easy to rename an added folder.

Simply open the folder you want to rename, then long press on the name bar at the top of the open folder and you will get a pop up box that allows you to edit the name of the folder :)

DigDugg, bacon and buckie33 like this.
  6. mellie

mellie New Member

Hi, I have an X10 and I have some games on my pc for it but I cant find anywhere on this forum that tells you where to put them. I used to just copy them to my 'other' folder in my last phone but this doesnt work on my X10, please can someone help me. Thanks in advance.

7. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

You can download Astro and navigate to where you put the games and use that to install them or there's an app called apps installer just for installing things. I don't think it matters where you put them the apps I've mentioned will put everything in the right place, I just have a setup folder where I go to install stuff from there.

mellie likes this.
  8. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Yeah I use Astro. I put my downloaded games/apps in the download folder and navigate to it through Astro and install :). Also make sure you have the ability set to install apps from third parties - not just the marketplace basically :p.

mellie likes this.
  9. Stormbringerza

Stormbringerza New Member

You can open the Folder and hold on the header where it say Folder, then you get the option to change the name and icon as well.

Sorry ,only saw now the original question has been answered.

10. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

Try Estrongs File Manager, it has the Lan feature you just share a folder on your PC and you can copy stuff from the phone to the PC and back again, I use it everyday and it works amazing, you can ad servers to it and also use it for FTP and Bluetooth also

11. mellie

mellie New Member

Thanks for your help, I installed astra and it found the games but there wasnt an install option so I guess I didnt get the right games, they were just for any touchscreen phone so I presumed theyd work. Ah well, I might just use my X10 for making calls instead...ha

12. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Did the games end in APK? Any touchscreen game won't work, has to be Android, and compatible with Android 1.6.

mellie likes this.