• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Follow these steps if you are having issues with GB install...

My apologies if this thread steps on toes, not intended. I have seen a lot of threads/posts pop up with lag issues, sync issues, stuck on the "M" logo, etc...

This post is a small, easy list of what I have seen work in my experiences, as well as others. When I went from Eclair to Froyo, I had issues. when I got ROM happy switching from GummyJar, RubiX, Liberty, etc...I had issues. Below is what I hope will help some of the problems we are seeing.

1) SBF the official 2.3.340.
2) Root
3) Install CWM and Bootstrap.
4) Back-up SD card to PC
5) Format SD Card(optional, but have seen it clear 3 different issues today alone)
6) Place the GB.zip onto your SD card
7) Bootstrap recovery, Clear cache 4 times, wipe data 4 times, Clear Dalvik 4 times, and battery stats 4 times.
8) Flash gb.zip
9) Enjoy!

I had issues going from the non-rooted to the rooted...Follwed the above steps to a T except for the format SD card. SBF'd twice to try and get the rooted version to work properly (was laggy as can be, Wifi didn't stay connected, etc). I did the above steps including the formatting of the SD card, and poof! Couldn't be happier at all.

also did NOT use TiBu at all...Have had issues in the past with it, so I just sucked it up.

I hope this helps some people...Again, If this steps on toes, my apologies. I received 90% of the information in this thread from the main Leak threads...all 100+ pages.

I thought that after you flashed the GB zip,that you were supposed to wipe cache again,and do a factory reset,then reboot.That is how I did it,after trying the first zip that stuck me in the bootloader on GB.....If I go back to Gb again,I am going to follow your instructions...thank you!

Upvote 0
Anytime! I helped a co-worker and a few other people with "stuck at M" issue, lagging, etc. when they (as well as myself) followed the above steps, everything was perfect... Hence why I posted it. If it helps you out, please let me know as i am trying to be a better provider of tips/tricks vs. the needy (1 million questions) kinda guy... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones