• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Font Changer (root only)

M

martino

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I wrote an application for the Desire which allows to change the system fonts. It used to be free at the beginning, bit when I moved it to the market I started charging for it in order to get something back for the time which I spent on it. Once I put it on the market I added a few extra things like the ability to change the screen density which allows you to get more space on the screen, as well as tried to make it compatible with other devices too. So I'm posting it here in case it may be of use to anyone. You can read more about it here if you're interested. Fonts are not included for legal reasons by the way, so you will have to find some and add them yourselves. That's the only catch...

Requirements are that you have root with system write access, and busybox.

Download (

Hi there,

I'm not totally sure about the Samsung Fascinate. If I remember correctly that's one of the Galaxy S sister devices, right? If yes, then it is possible that there may be some problems when setting a different font as there is an option to change fonts already somewhere in the phone's settings (for the Galaxy S anyway). This was only tested on my friend's Galaxy S, but his one did have some weird troubles with the existing ROM so maybe it doesn't apply to all.

About the other devices, I'm not sure. However as the requirements mentioned, root with system write and busybox are required. If you don't have either of those, the application will tell you (or in the worse case it will crash before you can do anything to harm your device in any way).

Best thing to do is try it (sorry, it must sound like "buy buy gimme money"). You have 24 hours to get a refund, and even after that if you drop an email with a reasonable explanation I can still refund it manually :)

Upvote 0
Sorry, I should have probably mentioned it in this thread too. I just expected that people would read what's written on the Market >_>

Yes. You are indeed correct. You should have mentioned that since you are marketing your application on a forum site. Normally, when i choose to download an application i read the description in full. But since you and I were conversing about it via here, i didnt feel the need to. And, after me taking the time to give your application a chance, it probably would have been a good idea.

Since this application has these specific requirements, i believe i would rather wait for a ROM that gives me scripts for this anyways.

Also, you really need to mention a list of devices that it works (since its a paid app, probably need to test it or have beta testers test this for you on as many devices as possible so you can have a more detailed list of devices this app may or may not work with).

Upvote 0
Yes. You are indeed correct. You should have mentioned that since you are marketing your application on a forum site. Normally, when i choose to download an application i read the description in full. But since you and I were conversing about it via here, i didnt feel the need to. And, after me taking the time to give your application a chance, it probably would have been a good idea.

Since this application has these specific requirements, i believe i would rather wait for a ROM that gives me scripts for this anyways.

Also, you really need to mention a list of devices that it works (since its a paid app, probably need to test it or have beta testers test this for you on as many devices as possible so you can have a more detailed list of devices this app may or may not work with).
OK, points taken. Sorry once again about the inconvenience caused.

Reactions: Jedii
Upvote 0

WOW...quite a needless BASHING. Took me...I don't know...TEN SECONDS to actually READ the information. Wasn't difficult, didn't waste my time, not even an inconvenience. No need Martino to bow on your knees to a comment like this.

Not the case right now with the Market allowing only 15 minutes to refund an app but when Jedii downloaded he had 24 HOURS. Buys the app, installs, DOES NOT read, UNINSTALLS...all in THREE MINUTES (check the post times!!). And then it is HIS fault because HE didn't read??? Jedii complains about "taking the time" to try out your application. 3 MINUTES??? WOW...what a SPORT!! Can't believe anyone would have THAT much free time...

I don't know how he could have MISSED IT. I just launched the app:

No fonts to display. Check out how to add fonts by reading the information from the menu

By the way, I was inaccurate before...took FIVE seconds, not ten to read.

To suggest that since you are "marketing an app" you should have included the information is ridiculous. That's like saying "Well, this attorney gave me a contract so I just SIGNED it WITHOUT reading." Smart. Would it have been NICE to include the info?? Sure. Was it an innocuous oversight on your part?? Probably. And CERTAINLY not such an oversight that would require such a bashing.

You're doing FINE martino. The attitude you got was VERY uncalled for...

Upvote 0
So I downloaded this app today and I love being able to easily change my fonts. I have one complaint/ question that I hope someone can help me with.

I have downloaded a lot of fonts from dafont.com, but when I apply them all of my punctuation disappears from my keyboard. Does anyone know where I can find some good fonts with punctuation included or is there a way I can edit a font pack to include punctuation?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones