• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Font changer

dorsetsav

Jun 3, 2010
Dorset, UK
So here is an intresting question.

I updated my Desire from Leedroid 2.2f to 2.3c, then c. during the process i had some issues and ending up doing a full wipe on the phone. I have now udpated to 2.3d.

When i was operating on 2.2F i had fontchanger installed which i got from here [MOD] Font Changer v1.4 (24/09) - xda-developers however now i am resinstalling everythin i dont seem to be able to get it to reinstall.

I assumed it might have been an issue with having the files etc still on the sd card so i removed them using the published remover and tried reinstalling again from recovery,
keep getting the message "E:/Can't open /sdcard/fontchnager_update_full_v1.2.zip (bad)
Installation aborted"

Any ideas anyone?

Hi danfrance,
Sorry i meant to say i have already installed the V1.2 basic file. And run the apk file, but for some reason no fonts are being found. Whenever i try to install the full file i get the above message.

I would give in an install the app from the marketplace but i dont have s-Off, nor do i fancy messing with that.

Upvote 0
Sorry I might not have explained very well.

I was on leedroid 2.2f, with font changer working fine.
Decided to upgrade to the latest leedroid 2.3c, I had a few issues with the upgrade and ended up doing a full wipe. Most things I reinstalled, except font changer. I then heard that a 2.3d was available, this i now have.
So I am in the process of reinstalling everything on the phone. The only software I'm having problems with is font changer. I have now run the basic file but the full file will.still not install. Font changer appears to load up but with no fonts....any ideas as I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks danfrance

Upvote 0
Right how bizarre, clutching at straws i removed any applications i knw of that were different from my "original 2.2f" setup and my new "2.3d" setup. The only thing that stood out was an application called "Audio Guru". Removed this and tried to reinstall Font changer and all worked.

Reinstalled Audio Guru as well and all seems good.

Conincidence, back luck who knows but at least it is working again.

Thanks for your help Danfrance

Upvote 0
The only error i saw was when trying to install the full file.

No errors when i tried having removed Audio Guru. I am tempted to remove font changer again and see if it will go on again with Audio Guru installed....not sure i have the patience for that at the moment though, after all like they say "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Cheers Danfrance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones