Font size fix for GmailGeneral

Last Updated:

1. LarryMcJ

LarryMcJ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As much as I wanted to use the native Gmail app, the font size was just too small (seems like a common Android problem except in the browser). To remedy this I simply configured my Gmail (actually Google Apps) account as an IMAP account with the regular Android Mail. Here, font size is fully scalable (about six selections) and they apply to both reading email to typing new email. This will have to do until someone fixes the dedicated Gmail app font size.

On the positive side, this actually works better in receiving email sent to the phone as it was definitely NOT full push with the Gmail app as it's supposed to be. Having them both setup it's easy to see that mail arrives much faster with the regular IMAP mail app than with the Gmail, which is really odd.

Advertisement
  2. cmerrtt

cmerrtt Well-Known Member

Could you please explain how to change the Gmail account to IMAP? My accounts that run through GMail are all POP accounts. Is it still possible to make the change? The font size is killing me :)

3. Consilia

Consilia Member

My 46 yr old eyes are struggling with font size on email and Facebook. Can someone give some instructions and/or tips, please?

[​IMG]