• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Font size

James king

Lurker
Jul 22, 2015
I have my fount size set to huge.
What I want is to stop moving right and left when I read.
I turn my phone and the screen is wider but the word stay the same size. So I still have to move right and left to read a sentence.
I do not want to put glasses on every time I want read something long.
I want another option other that rotate or don't rotate. How about rotate and zoom so that the with does not change
Read with no glasses and no moving from right to left.

I am referring to veiwing web pages.
When a web page comes up in vertical the words are in a font size of 8 maybe and use the length of the page to size when to start a new line. Then I zoom in and the words move to the right so I have to slide the screen to read a sentence. If I turn my phone the length increases so the number of words increase. So I still have to zoom in and slide the screen.
What I am suggesting is a new option added to auto rotate or don't rotate. This new option would rotate and zoom. Which would zoom the vertical page to fit on the horizontal page with out resizeing the line length. So that the size 8 fount is now size 11 and I can now read with out moveing screen.
Not sure what the fount size is or the zoom percent is but thats what programmers are for.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Okay so you're talking about web pages in general, and not specifically androidforums.com? I ask because this subforum you posted in, Suggestion Box and Feedback, is specifically for feedback/issues related to AndroidForums.com. We don't create browsers here - but we can hopefully help you find some information that might help.

To start with, what device are you using?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
If I may?

Dolphin Browser still supports text reflow, with zoom.

1437622774397.jpg

1437622802896.jpg

1437622817290.jpg

1437622832393.jpg

No left-right sliding to read required for most websites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones