• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Fonts] Change your fonts using Metamorph

I really don't believe anyone is going to get into trouble using normal fonts sold in the stores or online. My Sign supplier sells fonts on disk to sign shops so they have more to choose from for designing signs & Fry's Electronics sells font CD's/dvd's we sign shops purchase also. I have one dvd that has 20,000 fonts on it. I cut vinyl letters for signs & vehicles in which I make money from. Every Sign shop does this. Many of those copyright fonts at the buy-a-font sites are on these store bought disk. Printers buy font disk at Fry's and other retail stores and layout coffee mugs, T-Shirts, Pens etc etc etc because their PC's don't have many fonts and they resale these items using custom fonts they bought at the store on CD/DVD. Many of these fonts are the same you see online that say copyrighted. I think someone is making mountains out of molehills here. What do you do if you make your own app not for resale or for sale? Create a font from scratch that looks like your own hand writing? Skaggz I would not be worrying about it. If the Feds bust down your door you be sure and tell them to go bust 500,000 Signs Shops all over America who use copyrighted fonts to make signs, banners, magnetics, etc to resale and make Money on, and tell them to go after all the printers who purchased 10 to 30 dollar fonts cd's/dvd's to layout designs to print for resale too. Those font cd's we designers use have MANY copyrighted fonts on them if what you read about the "font name" online is any indication.

The real danger using fonts would be similar to opening a business named "Toddlers-R-Us" and using an identical or almost identical font used at the "Toys-R-Us" outlets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones