Fonts in Text MessagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

My wife is going to use my old Incredible. However, she does not like the stock look and size of the fonts that it comes with for text messages. It worked for me, but again, the beauty of Android is customization right?

So my question is, if I get her either Handcent or Chomp SMS, will will I be able to enlarge the font size for her?

What you would guys recommend? Pros and cons are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

in handcent you can change the font, color, size, etc. i use handcent and i like it!

Trooper likes this.
  3. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

^^^^^
    What he said. I only wish Handcent would allow the use of custom fonts instead of limiting the choices to their own list. Their fonts are fine, don't get me wrong there....I just would prefer my own.

Trooper likes this.
  4. Trooper

Hey guys thanks man! Just installed it on her phone.

Question though. I was able to change and increase the size of the fonts for contacts, but I need to be able to increase the font size for the text messages themselves.

Is that possible with Handcent? Or is that more of a system wide thing?

Thanks!

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Look harder.....the setting is there. Sorry, I'm a bit busy and don't have time to explain further.

6. Trooper

I ended up finding it last night, so sorry for posting what just took me a lil more time to figure out.

Hopefully this works out well for her. I've read about some problems with Handcent of late. I guess if it ends up getting twonky, I will uninstall and try Chomp SMS out for her.

Thanks guys.

7. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member

Question about handcent, and Chomp SMS and what not, are those free? Does it act as if it is the texting part? Like for instance I have unlimited texting mobile to mobile and I didn't know if you can use a different texting program and it would still count the texting, if that makes sense?

Hope you don't mind me asking those questions.