asadullah Well-Known Member

Check out the open source way to get the Msl from the optimus V

Watch here

Then punch ubuntu 12.04 in the face

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Watched your video last week and got my MSL when trying to unbrick. Worked flawlessly.
    Corrected my PRL with it as well, just downloaded a PRL from XDA clicked on the "send PRL from file" bar and it changed my PRL, just that easy.
  3. tli

tli Well-Known Member

I watched the video, and it's so very simple and straightforward. The video specifically stated that this method only works with the stock ROM. Andy, just curious as to how you were able to unbrick--did you have to flash back to stock for this to work? Just curious for future reference.
  4. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

You could use Quattrimus, it has the port open already, and any froyo rom because you can do ##port#. You can also do it in recovery, or at the stock charging screen before you hit the power button.
    tli likes this.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

My V was so bricked my computer didn't even recognize it in emergency mode.
    Tried all the unbrick guides here, but they all error'd out at some point or another.
    Ended up going here: Unbricking Your Optimus V - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    It did zero out my MEID, MSL, ESN, and AAA code. Got everything back with the help of this video and a few other guides mentioned in the thread. All that is except the AAA code=(no data).
    It was a stone cold brick and now it's at the very least everything but 3G. Would I still have used this guide now, knowing what I know: Absolutly.

This ^ is only to be used if nothing else works, as you will loose data.
    When I was done it left me on the Stock ROM with ZV9 update.
    Rooted with EManUL3XXX's root guide, then installed the same recovery I had on the other 2 V's. Then I restored a ZV4 backup I had made with one of the other 2 V's. So now I'm rooted and have the ZV9 SW version, but, I'm on a ZV4 stock ROM.
    Then I went about fixing my PRL and MEID, ESN, etc.
    tli likes this.
  6. asadullah

7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

@asadullah and @Andy, I've stickied this thread as requested...let me know if we get too many stickies in here (we can then prominently update the ATR Guide to include these links with the appropriate emphasis (which you'll have to let me know about, LOL, since I've got no idea what you guys are talking about here :p ;) :))).

Great stuff here guys and thanks for keeping a watchful eye out for all the root Optimus V folks around here.

Cheers!
    sammyz, asadullah and AndyOpie150 like this.
  8. unknownsoldi

unknownsoldi Well-Known Member

I think there needs to be more descriptions about this stuff. This is stickied, so it seems it's important, yet there is no detail regarding what this MSL is. Or what the AAA number is. Are they different things? Should they both be saved?
  9. asadullah

They are needed to flash your phone to a different carrier. Msl is like the unlock code for a device. The aaa is the 3g password if it's wrong you won't get 3g
  10. TheRealKTFO

TheRealKTFO Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to get the MSL without having a stock Rom installed?

sorry if I missed something.
  11. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

Try in recovery, or if the rom has it offline mode.