• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Foolproof Guide for restoring a bricked Shine Plus

WOW that did change it back to a full stock rom. No more root, even the custom recovery is gone. Everything seems to be working fine for now. Will so some testing during the week with the stock and custom rom again.
This method did unbrick my phone once so I do have high expectations.

Thanks

;) Glad it works for you. I'll fix up the custom ROM a bit later this week, I don't have my cygwin/ubuntu laptop with me today... Once it's fixed up, I'll reup and you can try again. I'll also update my ROM's main page to add custom recovery information once that's done (CWM 5.5.0.4)

***EDIT*** The reason it restores everything to stock is because it wipes and reups every single partition (/recovery /system /cache baseband bootloader, etc etc), only thing it doesn't touch is the data partition... Which is why you're usually able to upgrade your data. It is recommended to factory reset the phone once you do upgrade, because corrupted data might cause issues.

Upvote 0
[R&D Test Tools Log File]

19:19:44 : Launching SW update
19:19:44 : Unpacking KDZ
19:19:49 : KDZ file extraced
19:19:50 : Files were extracted.
19:19:50 : LGMobileDL Load.
19:19:50 : Port = -1
19:19:50 : Connecting to phone
19:19:55 : PHONE WAS NOT FOUND!
19:19:57 : ===FINISHED===

This is what i got... still stuck here
Ok Ive read through this post and tried the procedure at the start and Im stuck at the same spot where the phone is not found. What is my next step?
Im in Emergency mode already...
PAny help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones